Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Large Rat

Default I like the ranger but...

Is there any chance of getting into a group on blue server? On red I had no problem be unless max level you just take what you can get

I have always loved pulling as a ranger after SoW
Old 09-27-2018, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Well man the typical answer to this kind of question is to either

A) give it some time. One instance of not being able to find a group isnt a fair sample size.

B) Try a more popular zone, the xp highway is called that for a reason. Oasis -> mistmoore -> City of Mist -> Karnors -> Seb. Hanging out in these zones will likely net you a group sooner or later.

C) or my favorite suggestion ; start your own groups. You're an X-leveled ranger so /who all cleric/shaman/druid x+/- 5, /who all enchanter x +/- 5 and so forth and ask if they'd like to join you in a GRAND adventure to the depths of guk or to the scorching heat of sola. Upsell it, send some tells, build a friends list.

Enjoying the pulling role as a ranger is awesome because you are an awesome puller and you'll take the job most people desire to do the least !

LFM is 100x more powerful than LFG. Even if its just simply your alone looking for more. LFM implies you have something established and just need to fill roles. LFG only suggests that you would join something if it became available.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-27-2018, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well man the typical answer to this kind of question is to either

A) give it some time. One instance of not being able to find a group isnt a fair sample size.

B) Try a more popular zone, the xp highway is called that for a reason. Oasis -> mistmoore -> City of Mist -> Karnors -> Seb. Hanging out in these zones will likely net you a group sooner or later.

C) or my favorite suggestion ; start your own groups. You're an X-leveled ranger so /who all cleric/shaman/druid x+/- 5, /who all enchanter x +/- 5 and so forth and ask if they'd like to join you in a GRAND adventure to the depths of guk or to the scorching heat of sola. Upsell it, send some tells, build a friends list.

Enjoying the pulling role as a ranger is awesome because you are an awesome puller and you'll take the job most people desire to do the least !

LFM is 100x more powerful than LFG. Even if its just simply your alone looking for more. LFM implies you have something established and just need to fill roles. LFG only suggests that you would join something if it became available.
Definitely C- Start your own groups. Hit the /who all (level range) lfg. And just start sending out the same message to everybody- Assembling group for ____, are you interested? It never takes me more than an hour to finally assemble a group of adventurers. And i know many many people, myself included, who could care less about the groups make up. For a normal exp group that is... I can see needing certain make ups for accomplishing certain things. But a KC group or some other mass exp zone.. People are trippin thinkin they need a proper group make up.. I don't care if i have 2 tanks, 3 rangers, and a shaman as healer.. Don't care! Just want to have fun and play.. And like homey said- You'll develop a group of solid adventurers you'll call friends!
Old 09-27-2018, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWootWoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any chance of getting into a group on blue server?
I have a 51 Ranger.

You'll have no trouble finding a group.

However, if it's between you and a Rogue and the group doesn't need a puller?

The Rogue will be picked over you.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Play to your strengths and utility, be a good player, make some pals, and pull together groups in out of the way places. Doing this made me some solid friends that I eventually guilded with and now its sweet.

What level?
<The Second Sons>
Old 09-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Banned

Ranger best class.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Mis-read subject, thought this would be a discussion about ranger butts. Disappointed.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger best class.
A knowledgeable, well equipped Ranger is definitely the most fun class in EQ.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 09-28-2018, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing more fun than stacking rangers in KC. Starve other groups of pullers and keep the best pulls to yourself.

I never managed to make a full ranger group, but I did get at least 4 a few times.

Once 55 and epic/cloaked make friends with a similarly levelled necromancer.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once 55 and epic/cloaked
My Ranger is semi-retired, but man do I want to do my cloak.

That cloak is amazing.
Closed Thread