Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Kobold

Default Velious armor & cash farming

I’m about to turn lvl 58 on my enchanter and was looking for some ideas what my next steps would be. I need about 15k to be able to afford my 57-60 spells so I’m looking for advice where to I could go to farm some cash. I’ve been in hs the last couple of lvls and while I really dig the exp the money isn’t the greatest. Some place where I still can get some exp would be ideal, and also something that I can solo/duo.

I’m also interested in starting to get some Velious armor. I never had a high lvl char in Velious before so I don’t really know where to start. Is there some place that I could go and solo/duo to work on my faction and get some pieces dropped or is it more of a raid/group thing? I read up on the faction bit and it feels like dwarf/dragon faction is the way to go(?).
Old 11-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Seb NG. Sounds like you were doing basement HS and not wings (where the $ is).

Faction work for Thurg (and some CoV) is easiest in WL outside kael. To get cloth pieces, you can try to solo 4 way in kael, but much more likely, get a group+ and hit arena.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

You could go exp in Skyshrine at the Fe’Dhars. They share a HUGE loot table with stuff ranging from near BiS (Wurm Lord Shawl) through various 3-8k droppable items and also chaff of course. The drop rate is very low so there will be sessions where you get nothing at all but it’s all rng. The exp suck compared to other camps but being a chanter you can absolutely wreck the place with a charmed pet.

You will dump your dragon faction, raise your giant faction and your dwarf faction will be unaffected.

The only soloable Velious class armor (that I know of) is Thurgadin (dwarf) that you can solo at 4-way in Kael. Lieutenants very rarely drop armor. Only lieutenants at that spot. Soloing there as a sub-60 chanter will be annoying most likely due to giants being undercons resulting in more frequent charm breaks (guessing)
Old 11-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I had success MQ specific thurg pieces, such as head and arms, usually not too expensive. Seems like solo farming velious gear would be less efficient than making money and MQ pieces you actually want.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seb NG. Sounds like you were doing basement HS and not wings (where the $ is).

Faction work for Thurg (and some CoV) is easiest in WL outside kael. To get cloth pieces, you can try to solo 4 way in kael, but much more likely, get a group+ and hit arena.
Ng is the scarabs right? Think I been there once before and I got quite a few gems and other vendor trash which was nice. Been in basement and north mostly in HS, maybe I should get my act together and go west as well.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could go exp in Skyshrine at the Fe’Dhars. They share a HUGE loot table with stuff ranging from near BiS (Wurm Lord Shawl) through various 3-8k droppable items and also chaff of course. The drop rate is very low so there will be sessions where you get nothing at all but it’s all rng. The exp suck compared to other camps but being a chanter you can absolutely wreck the place with a charmed pet.

You will dump your dragon faction, raise your giant faction and your dwarf faction will be unaffected.

The only soloable Velious class armor (that I know of) is Thurgadin (dwarf) that you can solo at 4-way in Kael. Lieutenants very rarely drop armor. Only lieutenants at that spot. Soloing there as a sub-60 chanter will be annoying most likely due to giants being undercons resulting in more frequent charm breaks (guessing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had success MQ specific thurg pieces, such as head and arms, usually not too expensive. Seems like solo farming velious gear would be less efficient than making money and MQ pieces you actually want.
Thx for the tips, not sure if I want to wreck my dragons faction though? Buying the parts I need might be the best solution actually, and maybe combine it with a raid once in a while with my guild.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

NG in Sebilis is your camp.

If someone is there, can scoot down to the 2 bugs outside of disco.
Closed Thread