Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

custom luclin on blue is looking more and more likely with all the non classic features getting patched in. i look forward to Luclin without playable cat people.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckshit22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with all the non classic features getting patched in.
The real issue at hand is MMORPGs going away, PC and Xbox 360 getting tied at the hips in the mid 2000s, years upon years pass, newer players don't know anything different, multiplatform standardization and games only made to suit that purpose.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Seriously tho did they nerf it on green or across all three servers. I don't mind if they nerf green as long as blue stays classic or w/e can someone plz get back to me on that, i looked and no one said anything about it.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...but I feel like it's safe to say it takes 10 minutes to get from Qeynos to South Karana with SoW.
Less than 7 minutes.

I did it several time, with my Druid, ported to quest giver, turned scrolls in and come back to Ruins or Hermit Gnoll some 7-10 seconds after gnoll spawn. Paw spires are closer so i'm guessing, I would be back just probably just before gnoll spawn, so say around 6:30 for a round trip...
Old 11-15-2020, 10:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know how many accounts you stated there was, but its your information that you choose to share with us, hence why I only gave a vague ballpark number. If you wish to share the exact number to the community then knock yourself out, personally I don't think it will look good in defense of your argument... But also I don't make decision's to change quest exp, that's way above me

I do find it somewhat funny at how wildly having tons of free accounts changes p99 meta vs classic. But then again technology is also much more advanced now to. like being able to log into the game and zones in seconds as opposed to minutes, this on top of the majority of players having prior knowledge also changes the landscape of the game quite significantly

That being said I do look forward to when the 1month is up and you can put out a video of going rapid fire to 1 - 60 I think it will be quite entertaining
and eqw (the original program allowing you to play windowed mode in EQ) was made by JustSomeGuy around the velious era. so full screen EQ in kunark! log out to access those vital emails!
Old 11-15-2020, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by roks1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and eqw (the original program allowing you to play windowed mode in EQ) was made by JustSomeGuy around the velious era. so full screen EQ in kunark! log out to access those vital emails!
And EQW was an illegal bannable program, despite its very widespread use. They really didn't like us being able to tab out/play non-fullscreen back then.

I remember when they finally decided to allow alt tabbing and made an official supported windowed game mode. JustSomeGuy made a post on his site announcing that he could now stop updating his program and was finally able to reveal his in-game main character without fear of being banhammered. It turned out he was in my guild, there was a great outpouring of thanks to him, and I think a lot of people even made toons on the server to come send him a tell and say thanks.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And EQW was an illegal bannable program, despite its very widespread use. They really didn't like us being able to tab out/play non-fullscreen back then.

I remember when they finally decided to allow alt tabbing and made an official supported windowed game mode. JustSomeGuy made a post on his site announcing that he could now stop updating his program and was finally able to reveal his in-game main character without fear of being banhammered. It turned out he was in my guild, there was a great outpouring of thanks to him, and I think a lot of people even made toons on the server to come send him a tell and say thanks.
Elf does the epic. Elf faces the scorn of some because he dared to think outside the window. Elf shows a new way to his fellow elf. When he emerges with his true identity, he is praised and welcomed as a hero.

How apropos, as we return to topic of this thread: one elf, one dream, thousands of scrolls. Maybe I will reveal my true identity one day my fellow elves <3

*Mannastone targets himself and casts a spell*
Old 11-17-2020, 04:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it classic to have not gore and sev day 1? of course not but they arent in the game
Still waiting for you to apologize to Rogean and Nilbog for this undeserved slight.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Gnoll fang for a moonstone gave me no exp on red, maybe i'm delusional but i saw the quest exp msg for bone chips with lashun, none for gnoll fangs on red, why would you disable this on red?
Old 11-17-2020, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnoll fang for a moonstone gave me no exp on red, maybe i'm delusional but i saw the quest exp msg for bone chips with lashun, none for gnoll fangs on red, why would you disable this on red?
they did it on all the servers.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread