Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 03:44 AM
Kobold

Default What is the best way to get positive Paineel faction?

Any advice please?

Mythrelle- 54 Erudite Wizard (Blue)
Smakem - 52 Iskar Monk (Blue)
Fedwyn - 40 Halfling Druid (Green)
Vorin - 23 Iksar Necromancer (Green)
Nynaeve - 22 High Elf Cleric (Green)
Old 09-20-2021, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

wait for the warrens to come out.

Kill kobolds in the warrens with aoe/ae

this is the best way

edit: https://wiki.project1999.com/Heretics

---
I never tell anyone to kill Sentinel's in erudin. In my mind it doesn't behoove anyone on p99 to ruin their erudin faction for paineel, when you can easily have both.
Some people don't care about erudin faction because they never go there but it adds something to your character if you're liked everywhere in my opinion.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-20-2021 at 05:06 AM..
Old 09-20-2021, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

Go & kill Erudin docks guards. Instead of waiting for them to repop, I suggest going to Erudin palace to kill sentinels and the water elementals that can spawn when you kill guards.

Rinse & repeat

This will go much much faster than AoEing kobolds in the Warrens for hours, but you’ll most likely become hated in Erudin
Old 09-20-2021, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suggest going to Erudin palace to kill sentinels and the water elementals that can spawn when you kill guards
Also hit the palace if you want to be charmed and killed by GM level mobs. Unless you're very careful and know what you're doing probably best to stick to the main area and the docks. It's a pain in the ass to get a cleric to come to the palace haha.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go & kill Erudin docks guards. Instead of waiting for them to repop, I suggest going to Erudin palace to kill sentinels and the water elementals that can spawn when you kill guards.

Rinse & repeat

This will go much much faster than AoEing kobolds in the Warrens for hours, but you’ll most likely become hated in Erudin
This is the fastest way that I have experienced, but currently it's tough to do with the vendor aggro situation (I read somewhere that's a bug that will be fixed but currently has not been, but not sure if that's the case or not).

There are areas in Erudin and the palace where vendors will assist now that they aggro. Or when the guard runs if you can't root it they will aggro the vendors/other NPCs. If you're not an Enchanter or an FD class this is exceedingly annoying not to mention can probably get you killed.

What I did the other day was kill about 250 or so Kobolds in the Warrens (even if you're not an AoE class it doesn't take too long to run around and one shot that many) which took me from scowls to threatening. Then kill two cycles of guards in Erudin (I could FD so the merchant aggro wasn't as much of a problem) which got me to indifferent. Then have someone open the elevator for me and go turn in kobold molars I had collected while in the Warrens and that took me into amiable easily, which allowed me to get a key so I can come and go as I please.

If you're just looking to raise faction in order to be able to farm guards, you could also just farm enough Kobolds or guards to get non-KOS/able to vendor and then have someone let you into Paineel when you need to go in. Might be a bit of a hassle, but can also be a decent time saver.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:

Rinse & repeat

i wanted to do this, but im only 29.

Mythrelle- 54 Erudite Wizard (Blue)
Smakem - 52 Iskar Monk (Blue)
Fedwyn - 40 Halfling Druid (Green)
Vorin - 23 Iksar Necromancer (Green)
Nynaeve - 22 High Elf Cleric (Green)
Closed Thread