Lets say we dont have a paladin or SK weapon

what is the real difference in dps between 1hs and sheild and a decent 2hander

is it like 40 dps vs 60dps

lmk

i don't want to do the math
Old 11-23-2021, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

A decent one hander rules until 20 imo.

The relative worth varies with level and era. In the teens with vendor weapons a claymore does like 25% more than a bastard sword. If you like i’ll parse my 60 ranger on blue.

What primary 1 hander is roughly equivalent to the 2hs item ‘culler’?
Old 11-23-2021, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A decent one hander rules until 20 imo.

The relative worth varies with level and era. In the teens with vendor weapons a claymore does like 25% more than a bastard sword. If you like i’ll parse my 60 ranger on blue.

What primary 1 hander is roughly equivalent to the 2hs item ‘culler’?
i'll have to wiki some research

i was going to do some basic mathparse with vendor weapons for giggles later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would parse vs green

I think on even cons /yellows the faster weapon with MH bonus will probably win, unless u have ungoooddly atk/str
Old 11-23-2021, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Its all about the damage cap at low levels, and then the ratio + the 2h dmg bonus. I don't know how to calculate 2h damage bonus so, sorry for useless post.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:26 PM
Banned

Pretty sure 2h bonus isn't that good until 40 or 51.

51 is when I start seeing ogres doing the 120 pluses. 1h mh probably can't even close in on that.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I'm pretty sure all that matters till over 50 is good ratio and that the total damage x2 isn't above your characters damage cap, which is level based.

At the very least before level 20 you almost certainly want a 1h weapon with good ratio, and probably till 30. After 30 you want the best ratio you can get.

For PVE, faster is generally better for more chance of double attacks and stuff and to flatten out the curve of random misses and such over the coarse of a shorter fight.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:16 PM
Banned

So theoretically with max hits on a store bought bastard sword vs 2handed sword its about a difference of 2.01 dps at my level. Like 4.1 vs 6.04 dps.

I want to say my tests, which we're not logged. Vs greens, light blues, the shield ac makes up the difference in a 1 minute fight that is only like really 12-20 seconds longer.

Doesn't seem as fast at all. So it could be as much as 3 dps difference.

I would rather grind high greens with the shield on. A lot less sitting so far that way. Plus easier to take a few hits kiting with snare and bow with shield up.
Last edited by starkind; 11-23-2021 at 11:18 PM..
Old 11-24-2021, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

The limiting factor in XPing is often health regen.

Perhaps an informative way of comparing the weapon set ups would be to look at the total damage received per fight?

Or even the amount of time between engages (as obviously a shorter fight would mean more time to sit and regen - even if you took more damage)?
Old 11-24-2021, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The limiting factor in XPing is often health regen.

Perhaps an informative way of comparing the weapon set ups would be to look at the total damage received per fight?

Or even the amount of time between engages (as obviously a shorter fight would mean more time to sit and regen - even if you took more damage)?
^^

also,

maybe shields = a little bit 10% more downtime, and instead a 15% safer fight also? It hard to say. There are a few permutations this could swing and it's always what I loved thinking about with EQ. (I know that example doesn't add up, it could just mean a flatter damage curve with more overall damage taken and less potential for big spikes) (which would make a really interesting MMO mechanic) (and why people shield up on boss pulls.)
Closed Thread