Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 03:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Question Brand new to p99, grouping question

Hey all. I just got everything installed and running last night. I had spent the last few days on holiday watching youtube videos and reminiscing about EQ's peak years (Kunark and Velious) when I stumbled on Project 1999. Truly unbelievable. I logged in last night and got hit with a flood of nostalgia. It was unreal.

Anyway, I know leveling up is a grind solo. But the player base seems mostly higher level with only a few mostly afk stragglers in the newbie zones. It's been soooo long since I've played this game, I truly don't remember a lot of the places where people group up, and it was always kind of emergent anyway, so I suppose this server might have its own hot spots. Is there any place that I'm likely to meet fellow lowbies to group up or am I mostly on my own?

I seriously can't believe this game exists in this state. It's hard to describe the feeling that kicked in when I heard the login music for the first time.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:48 AM
Sarnak

There are a few places like Crushbone, Unrest, Kurns Tower, etc. You can /who all lfg and see if there's anyone in your level range and where they're at. But realistically you're going to have to solo a decent amount unless you join a guild. Welcome back.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Switch over to Green server which has a more robust low-end game.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgoforth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hard to describe the feeling that kicked in when I heard the login music for the first time.
It's called dopamine. It's how addiction works. Good luck!
Old 12-09-2021, 04:04 AM
Kobold

You can just also /who all 9 or /who all 10. Whatever your level is or a bunch of levels around your level to see where people are grouped. Send some tells out and see if anyone wants to party
Old 12-09-2021, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Should stay on blue, green is about to merge anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2021, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should stay on blue, green is about to merge anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is fake information. Can a guide please edit so someone new isn't given fake news?
Old 12-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is fake information. Can a guide please edit so someone new isn't given fake news?
Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-12-2021, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Stay on blue and private message me your chars name, class/race and I can get you some items which won’t be super great but good for new player. Can give you some pp too.
Old 12-12-2021, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Green players seem sure there's no merge, but the level up zone population stats say otherwise.
Closed Thread