Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Merge green with red server?
Yes! 107 50.23%
No... 106 49.77%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
??

What makes you say a ridiculous thing like that?

This thread is not a legitimate weighted proposal or anything. Someone was just dreaming of a buncha blue players being suddenly pvp enabled and having to adapt. It would be super fun.

No one is trying to destroy blue and green servers? If they were they would be training everywhere people gather for safety while shouting "BLUE AND GREEN SUCKS!!!" or something more clever.

EQ pvp takes the EQ game you like with high risks and rewards (actual corpse retrievals that are difficult in deep dungeons) and makes the game even more intense by adding a significant social factor and the possibility of PVP with other players.

What this does is makes player communities more important, player relationships more important, and it makes about 50% more items in EQ actually have value and function.

While it means that disruptive players can be directly disruptive to other players by killing them in cold blood, these players can be ostracized killed themselves by players who want the world to not foster murderous behavior.

I'm not sure where all the vehement negativity comes from. Maybe 1hr play time and got robe stolen in greater faydark back on live rallos zek or something?

The majority of the people that played on red and still want a new red server are playing on blue and green right now biding their time as good citizens albeit in a more boring less dynamic version of EQ. I can barely play non pvp except to think about my leveling path and stuff but its pretty grueling work for me nowdays.

No one wants to destroy the PVE servers, that is a ridiculous and slanderous thing to say about PVP players. PVP players want a new pvp server that isn't 10 years old and 5 years dead. PVP players know that the fun is over and are waiting for the next bout. There just isn't as much reason to be a pixel collector on a pvp server when no one else is playing anymore.
Behold, a post no one will read.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQ pvp is about situational awareness and preparedness and relationships. Instead of wandering around, capturing an efficient plat camp telling everyone to fuck off and pharming it endlessly for platinum while no one can make you move, on red someone might go ahead and kill you while you AFK wait for the next spawn.
copium
Old 12-07-2021, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Lol, EQ PvP. No thanks
Old 01-07-2022, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

all christian players xfer to blue during reset, atheists go to red
Old 01-07-2022, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

I can’t believe people don’t want pvp what are you so afraid of lmfao
Old 01-07-2022, 11:35 PM
Banned

I wanted to vote. Although it said I already did.

Voted yes. I'm sure.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Over 50% approval rating, something for the devs to consider.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:15 PM
Kobold

I voted yes as a lul because blue or red doesn't really matter to me, but then I thought about it and blue seems to be directly contradictory to green's interests, whereas Red isn't. Why have Nostalgia Farmers vs Pixel Hoarders? Let it all burn in a blaze of crimson glory. People get to enjoy some PvP, the pixels are deleted and there's nothing for hoarders to be attached to. A new cycle begins.

Red will always be unwelcome for most since PvP isn't remotely balanced, but a brief stint of PvP at the end of each cycle would be quite the meme. It'd die off quick and people would recharge by the time it came around again. The only losers would be pixel hoarders, but they already are so who cares?
Old 01-11-2022, 08:29 PM
Kobold

red needs anti-pks
Old 01-11-2022, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Red needs anti PKs it would be the best server ever if all the BIS green people were all a sudden red and the red PVP people who’ve been uncontested for three years got whipped?
Lost but not forgotten.