View Poll Results: Velious on Red 2.0?
No 16 80.00%
Yes 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 11:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I'm not completely against them either but I haven't heard of a good way to do it.
It would be hard to implement instances. But I'm afraid it's either add instances, to make the next best game, or just convince the whole world, that their Mmorpg religion is wrong, and ours is right.

Both are fine, one just might take longer.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i agree vanilla needs more loot and more dungeons - not scaling to planar lvl th, more like in the 30's and slower exp
I disagree. You and everyone else knows where the loot is and how to get it. Are you willing to do what it takes to get it?

Think Crushbone. DRT and Dragoon Dirk are fantastic items. Are you willing to get a group to lock down the castle and 1) PvE the orcs as they respawn, and 2) PvP the nerds that also want those items? How do you make the most of your position?

That's some epic pre-20 gameplay waiting to happen.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 12-03-2021, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I'm not completely against them either but I haven't heard of a good way to do it.

Imagine velious pvp with everyone instancing tov raids? Seems like we'd be better off not going to velious.
If we had the pop to support 2 raiding guilds for tov, I agree no instance tov. But with 1 zerg and the rest smaller guilds. Better to have each guild instance 1 time a week, get there gear and go pvp.

The velious gear gap is too big. If any 20 man guild can do tov freely, you would see much smaller guilds and more pvp
Old 12-03-2021, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where the fuck did you guys play, like seriously? Did i play on Rallos in an alternate universe?

Artful death
Flowers of happiness
Black claws
inimical
malicious intent
don't remember those too well, and I don't think those were pk guilds. def not black claws i was in them for a bit and got yelled at / booted for attacking some on on my ranger (who remembered it 3 years later)

just goes to show how blue the server was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PVP happened at ALL levels... especially high end at 60. There were several long time grudges / guild wars happening all throughout RZ's history. There was basically one sect of top end guilds vs. another sect of top end guilds. Just off the top of my head it looked something like this:

Peace of Formosa, Hidden Power, Facultas Utrimque, The Peacebreakers, Force of Will

vs.

Ascending Dawn, Magus Imperialis Magicus, The Begotten, Wudan, Insanity's Edge, Ordo Malleus

Top end was very political and guilds would merge / change names but it was always KOS to the same people and the feuds lasted years.

Random PK guilds like Darkenbane, Lucid Vision, Flowers of Happiness, The Curse... etc. were no more than a nuisance to the raid guilds, and mainly affected mid to low level content.

But make no mistake... there were some vicious PVP battles at all levels, especially high end.
lucid vision didn't come till late... I think they were the curse spin off? I just don't remember seeing them much

FoH heh cmon they were like the pvp joke guild who killed lvl 9s

Darkenbane was legendary, but ended early

Guild wars popped off at times i guess i just don't remember them that much

server was political , hand holding, alliances, rotations. shit they didn't wake the sleeper till POP
Old 12-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Banned

Flowers were there at low levels, yea, but you could not spend a few hours in crushbone without running into them. I bought a solist icy wand at 3k just to make a level12 wiz to park there for fun. Crushbone was lowbie pvp central, just no way around that.

I mean i dont know what to say to you dont remember artful death and malicious intent. Artful Death's schtick was to say in shout or OOC that they were gonna do a few paintings/sketches in the zone. I ended up playing Darkfall with them. Definately PKs and youd know that if you played on Rallos. Id get attacked by black claws all the time in blackburrow. Malicious intent were less numerous than FoH but they were one of the tags id check for when i who'd coming into a zone.

I think its possible you played on rallos but probably tunnel vision'd to end game and not aware of what was going on at lower levels. But if i had to put money on it, id put it on you were probably around 5 when velious came out.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 12-03-2021 at 02:40 PM..
Old 12-03-2021, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Tradesonred looks like you and I had similar lives. There was so much to do at low levels I never had any desire to grind out levels just to get to high end players with lots of no drop loot.

Do you remember Titaly and Winks?

Jooke and Jookes? (were not affiliated but both were level 10 rogue PKs)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Tradesonred looks like you and I had similar lives. There was so much to do at low levels I never had any desire to grind out levels just to get to high end players with lots of no drop loot.

Do you remember Titaly and Winks?

Jooke and Jookes? (were not affiliated but both were level 10 rogue PKs)
Yes i remember jooke, him and a bard in Gfay were names i knew i had to watch for because i simply couldnt win against them. The only name i remember on the list.

Its 20 years ago, trying to remember other PKs but the only name that comes up was Castback i think he was in scary pirates. We were around the same level and i fought regularly with him as i leveled up so i remember him well. South K, highpass where places i remember fighting him. I wish there was a database somewhere where you could click on guild names and see roster history. I also remember grumpy gus the ranger who bind camped me for like 20minutes.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:56 PM
Banned

I mean besides artful death. I remember Nnuk, Blazen and Someday from AD. Played Darkfall with Blazen and Nnuk. I bought my solist icy wand from Someday the mage which i used to fight in everfrost.

I also remember Morning Wood, a druid. I thought it was pretty funny and that it was a clever way to dodge getting name wrecked by a GM.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

In kunark + the cool murderers wore rubicite bp's so they could loot ikky regen bp's from twinks which were usually the most valuable lootable item a person wore. FBSS always consolation prize.

Not a lot of lowbie PK's wore fungi's until later on when people started having deleveled rogues with epics. Jooke and stuff was during time when the 13/30 crystalline spear was about as awesome as you were gunna see on a low level pk.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish there was a database somewhere where you could click on guild names and see roster history.
wtf, I literally posted this exact thing a couple pages back! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Take a gander:

https://ralloszek.stephans.org/

You can look up characters, guilds, see entire guild histories. It's a real treasure trove.

Elendil's Giveaway
Closed Thread