Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My kind? Veterans..?
lol this dude says he's a vet and has a pic of a terrorist as his avatar

gotta be the bergers
Old 12-04-2021, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Biden nearly ended the drone war

Quote:
Immediately after taking office, he set up a new system requiring White House approval for any strikes outside of active war zones (and later published Trump's loose rules that enabled so many civilian massacres). Now that the occupation of Afghanistan is over, that requirement applies almost everywhere, and it appears Biden is extremely reluctant to grant approval. Where Trump oversaw more than 1,600 air and artillery strikes in Iraq and Syria during his first 11 months in office, Airwars reports just four during Biden's term so far.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro when he was VP with Obama he was dronin brown babies all over the ME
Old 12-04-2021, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a platform would need to fit a few criteria:
  • Open to the general public and 'free of charge' (no subscription, fees, or paywall)
  • Driven by user content
  • Any content moderation is not done centrally by the company (i.e. Reddit allows anyone to run their own 'reddit' and those 'reddit' mods can moderate as they please, but Reddit itself is not moderating content beyond what is legally required.
  • Size. As soon as you're big enough to be a 'public square' and enjoy a natural monopoly.

If you fit all of the above criteria, you are defacto a platform.

Smaller companies that want 230 Section protection should be allowed to self-declare as a platform if they meet all the criteria except size.

The legislators can figure out the rest of the details.
So we should be able to report p99 to the feds to have them review every post and then jail Rogan and nilbog for the things we said?

Or should our internet identity link to our real life and then we are liable?

Or should they shut the website down?

There is a smoking gun on nearly every post on this forum that would hold up in court for half the acts of terror that happened in the last 9 months. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2021, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
So I was rather taken aback to discover President Biden has almost totally halted drone strikes, and airstrikes in general, around the world. It's a remarkable foreign policy reform, but also a remarkable failure of both government communication and media coverage. A hugely significant change in foreign policy has happened — and almost nobody is paying attention.

of course maybe they didn't report it because this is a bishop to rook move, and the empire is allowing the caliphate room to grow. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2021, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So we should be able to report p99 to the feds to have them review every post and then jail Rogan and nilbog for the things we said?

Or should our internet identity link to our real life and then we are liable?

Or should they shut the website down?

There is a smoking gun on nearly every post on this forum that would hold up in court for half the acts of terror that happened in the last 9 months. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When people say “will will never be rid of school shootings”, I think one of our best lines of defense actually is material posted online

I don’t recall specific threats here on P99. I DO recall a past kid posting online that he planned to be a “professional schools shooter”, it getting reported to the FBI, and the FBI basically ignoring it. That was a specific threat, didn’t appear to be a joke, didn’t appear to mean in a video game. And yet the FBI did nothing. I don’t think that’s how it should be handled. Obviously we can’t throw the kid in jail forever, but when threats like that are made, some sort of parent contact and monitoring should be put in place

Oftentimes, that’s the only warning we are ever going to get
Old 12-04-2021, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Well this just reminds me that after we defeat the demonrats that the republicants are going to try to blame outside influence for everything strip me of my rights too instead of just accepting that in a world of freedom there is a pain.

Entropy creates suffering which invented happiness.

Quote:
I don’t recall specific threats here on P99.
There were no specific threats at all for the last shooter, vague references to wanting everyone to die.

Quote:
I think one of our best lines of defense actually is material posted online
Made with crayon on paper....

Quote:
Obviously we can’t throw the kid in jail forever, but when threats like that are made, some sort of parent contact and monitoring should be put in place
think about what you are suggesting here. That when someone says something in a public space you think they should report their name and number and their family should be contacted.

its 1000000000% video games cause violence.

Like, have any of you actualy been a kid before? didnt you go to that one kids house that killed animals? and you were like WTF?

well I went to that kids house like 50 times in 50 different states, they. are. everywhere.

Just get over it.

We dont need to regulate video games and the internet and put parrental advisory stickers (because thats what they thought caused all the shootigns int he 80s! music!!!)

It's blame one outside influence after the other with pearl clutchers.

dont be one!
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-04-2021 at 01:48 PM..
Old 12-04-2021, 01:32 PM
Banned

This might be controversial with conservatives, but I don’t see why since we have no problem with felons losing gun rights…

…that if you post a bunch of direct threats online, you should be flagged in the FBI system in regards to gun purchasing. I’m not saying not able to buy a gun ever, maybe just a mandatory waiting period of 3 months. A waiting period might do nothing at all, but if just one crazy person with a short attention span loses interest and abandons the plan after a month, then it just saved lives

Obviously whoever analyzes these threats would need to be very focused on context. Some people might just suck at making a joke. Some people shouldn’t be comedians but try anyway. It might require looking through some past communication to get a better idea of context. Context is everything

Edit: when I’m dealing with analyzing threats in my job, the context (what was the communication and behaviors immediately prior to the threat) is one of the first questions I have
Last edited by unsunghero; 12-04-2021 at 01:34 PM..
Old 12-04-2021, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

because that's a registry to imprison dissentienters.

Quote:
Obviously whoever analyzes these threats would need to be very focused on context
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-04-2021 at 01:46 PM..
Old 12-04-2021, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because that's a registry to imprison dissentienters.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also endrounds the justice system. Convict or pound sand!
Closed Thread