Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Banned

Default Level 56 - Now What?

Hi all,

I've done some searching on this topic for a bit throughout the wiki and outside sources and couldn't come up with something up to date for the current state of P99 Blue. Apologies if this has been covered, simply link me if there's something I overlooked.

So I started on P99 a little less than 3 months ago. I read all of the Enchanter content on the wiki and put much of what I studied into practice coming up through the levels. I have acquired enough plat to purchase almost all of the "drop only" type 50+ spells, upgraded a lot of my gear, OT hammer, and have found the goodness that is Sebilis and Howling Stones.

Now, I'm perfectly happy grouping in these higher zones while wealth building and heading to 60...but I feel like I'm missing something here. Of course, there's the class epic...something I can certainly try to chip away at, but much of it involves Planar raiding.

Is there some kind of "late game / pre-raid checklist" that those who have reached 55+ should start doing when considering getting into raiding? The only thing I have heard about is getting a set of magic resist gear...and that's about it. Are there necessary faction grinds, important quests, or specific items to acquire that would help an applicant to <Raid Guild XYZ> stand out from the rest?

Cheers!
Old 03-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Dragon faction doesn't take long (a session or two in Wakening Lands if there's a group running should do it), that's often a thing required or at least recommended in most guilds.

Howling Stones should keep you entertained all the way to 60 if you like it there... but guild groups are always fun. Try to find a guild that puts these together, or is at least receptive to coming along to one you make [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck on the epic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Banned

I recommend doing what the majority of the server does and purchase Chardok proxies to reach level 60. After that it is a matter of grinding faction and getting Velious class armor drops.

From level 56 it will costs you roughly 30k to reach max level and should only take a few hours. Welcome to the machine friend
Old 03-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

As for raid checklists, it all depends on what guild you might app to.

A good start would be a set of resist gear. Shoot for 150+ unbuffed MR

Other items you can pick up along the way to 60 are

Midnight Mallet
Reaper of the dead
Potion of Stinging Wort
Null potions
FR potions
Goblin Earring
Pegy Cloak
Bracer of Hidden
Old 03-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend doing what the majority of the server does and purchase Chardok proxies to reach level 60. After that it is a matter of grinding faction and getting Velious class armor drops.

From level 56 it will costs you roughly 30k to reach max level and should only take a few hours. Welcome to the machine friend
this is not what "the majority of the server does", but it is probably true that it's a majority of what asgard does, since what they want to do is sit in tov for 16 hours on a sunday (and monday, now) waiting for dragon pops. if you want to do that it's best to be 60.

there's a lot of content in between old sebilis and tov poopsocking, though, and you can do most of it pre-60. there's no need to rush it by spending 30k, unless that's what you really want to do.

as for other things you could be doing, you want a set of magic/fire/cold resist gear, yes. most raiding guilds will also want you to have an OT hammer for fast assembly (http://wiki.project1999.com/Worker_Sledgemallet). some people like it when you have a soulfire (http://wiki.project1999.com/Soulfire). guilds will frequently tell you on their web pages if they encourage applicants to have certain gear. check with them if you'd like. speedi's list was pretty good.

there's also other higher level zones, like velketor's labyrinth, siren's grotto, and dragon necropolis, if you want to try XPing and wealth building there. some good stuff drops in all 3 of those zones. if you have a cleric buddy you can duo almost anywhere.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Last edited by thufir; 03-08-2016 at 11:31 AM..
Old 03-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

If you want to truly exp grind I recommend the Hole, I've probably pinged you in game multiple times asking if you wanted to join a group (enchanters own that zone with Charm).

I can even get you one of your epic drops there off Ghost of Kindle in the undead tower if you don't have that yet, just need a semi-decent group and my crawl knowledge of the zone. Also drops loam gear if you need those in any slots (some have decent resists if you're looking to build resist gear), but is not a 'wealth building' zone. Just a fun zone to grind exp and decimate low hp mobs with your charmed 350+ dmg backstabbers.

The zone has a nice classic feel to it as well, so since I play p99 in part for the nostalgia factor I tend to lean heavily favoring that zone. Have yet to step on Velious soil.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Resist gear you need Fire and Magic, stepping out in the hall to tash a wurm in HoT will really burn, also fights like Klandicar, Zlandicar and Sontolak resisting the magic based fear is important if you're good enough to hang around during the fight....

Wort Potions at least 2, these potions are super important for keeping yourself alive during fights or soloing mobs like verina tomb. Sometimes you will have to eat some AE even as an enchanter. Your guild will recharge these if you use them during a fight don't use all 10 charges!

If your fire resist and magic resist aren't maxed you should get some fire and mr pots your guild won't be willing to recharge these but they are cheap

shrink pots are alright if you don't want to use gnome illusion...guild won't recharge these either

reaper of the dead for clicky CH sometimes after you have debuffed all you have to do is sit and watch the tank, and if he drops to like 5% blow a reaper charge on him to make sure he stays alive, guilds recharge this item

Wand of allure cheap item from plane of fear, useful for soloing at the end where pets will eat you alive. Sometimes you need to use these charges on a raid to keep charmed pet from messing you up (have had to do this plane of growth)...guild will recharge this item since it is surprising cheap to recharge but the dream is to have puppet strings those 10 charges go a long way, almost impossible to fail soloing a mob like verina tomb if you have the strings heh

Leatherfoot Raider's Skullcap Instant port to WC for hate raids or meeting up with a druid if no one is available to port you to raid from where you are at...super cheap to recharge

5-6 Bag of the tinkerers / 0-1 large soiled bag you're going to be carrying 7 bags full worth of stuff as a raider at 60 and these bags will make sure you aren't ever encumbered

Worker Sledgemallet Not as important in Velious but the ability to get to Kunark quickly or meetup at a common spot where everyone else can gate to as well is important

Enchanter Epic sometimes you are the only enchanter and lom and all of a sudden 10 melee need haste.... plus visions of grandeur has a few seconds cool down, so being able to give people a decent haste for 0 mana is important...also good for hasting pets

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff ....soloing 56-59 at howling stones entrance as an enchanter is what I did , good luck....also, don't go to the Hole, keep your faction until you get the epic piece from there at least....I ended up being able to solo the ghost of kindle because I had never screwed up my hole faction (illusion earth elemental + collaboration = non-kos)

enchanter fire resist gear:

Shiny Robe of the Underfoot
Insignia Protector
Drakescale Belt
Wurmscale Coat
Velium Diamond Wedding Ring
Velium Blue Diamond Bracelets
Golden Blue Diamond Pendant
Golden Diamond Mask
Blue Diamond Electrum Earring
(if you don't have HoT gear yet Insidious sleeves are good in arm slot for fire, if you happen to go by hate (this stuff still drops right haha))

Note: Illusion Dry Bone is like +45 FR

Enchanter magic resist gear:

earring of essence
White gold necklace
Velium Jacinth Wedding ring
etc tired of typing from memory a lot of the stuff from the fire list will also be used as magic gear and you have two MR self buffs at 60 , Group Resist Magic and Shield of the Magi
Last edited by trite; 03-08-2016 at 12:05 PM..
Old 03-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

From what I understand it's ~35k just to go from 59-60. Buying levels in Chardok isn't really feasible for a new player, and even if you had the capital it would take more than one 8 hour session.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by torp0r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I understand it's ~35k just to go from 59-60. Buying levels in Chardok isn't really feasible for a new player, and even if you had the capital it would take more than one 8 hour session.
As an enchanter if you are good and the other enchanters aren't slack, you can get a spot in the chardok group as part of the stun team and instead of having a proxy sit in the exp group...lots of chardok wipes are from bad enchanters trying to grind 59 this way though....i stand by my recommendation of 56-59 solo HS ent and then head to chardok once you are safely into 59 and try and group the rest there...don't try and join the group right away unless they need an enchanter just put yourself on the list ask a million questions and try and imitate them....just don't sit down ever when they are standing by the corner together until you understand what is going on
Last edited by trite; 03-08-2016 at 12:13 PM..
Old 03-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by torp0r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should only pay 1.5k per pull and it usually takes about 5 pulls to level. I know because I have participated in the exploitative nature of Chardok proxy personally. 59 is its own beast and will take longer but I stand by my original $$$ assessment.

OP is capable of earning this amount of money fairly quickly as an enchanter, all it takes is a few good drops out of Sebelis or HS.

Even more to the point, camp Brood Mother in Velks and you will be rolling in cash drops and gems. I made 35k in 2 hours there one day. As a chanter he can get groups pretty much at will I would think.
Closed Thread