Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-02-2021, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

I just found out ron jeremy is going to prison for the rest of his life because a woman who makes videos called c@#$%g next to my sleeping step sister accused him of sexual assault.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:49 PM
Banned

Is it ok to call tartarians tarties?
Old 12-02-2021, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

the mud floods the mud floods!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2021, 11:00 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the mud floods the mud floods!
Man that'd be soo wild.

Tho I think it's just super ez for like after 10 generations a generation pops up that makes up whatever its own narrative it wants.

That did happen 50s, 60s

It'll happen again soon.

Google is making it too ez/interesting tho. I think it's going to be awkward until each state has it's own great firewalls.

I don't think a disaster needs to happen. Ppl just like making up books...

Think about the shelf life of books, papers, most of the 1800s stuff is just lost or a novelty, and modern acedemia refuses to flat out acknowledge anomalous or conflicting evidence, especially if its just like one heretical book. Or artifact sort of disconnected from the narrative. There's lots of examples of that, however they're too diffuse and disparate to really fundamentally challenge the narrative printed in 1960 and forcefed to my parents.

Anyway tldr, we do this naturally and don't even need floods or cataclysmic resets. It can still happen.

<Tarts> now recruiting.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, I do think someone could convince me that like in 1600 someone is like, hey who built that building? and the answer is, "what the fuck i eat rats, idk the king?" and my answer would be, "Makes sense ok can I have some rat?" and now that's history.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:01 AM
Banned

Where I live was allegedly pretty close to a Japanese American internment camp and there's just this big flat unremarkable 20ft x 20ft ish stone slab to mark it. I was like how is that's all there is?

The weird thing is it's not even like a concrete foundation. And its an overgrown field with cows.

The Stargate Episode where Teal'c and Daniel help to clear out the ironroot, an old reinforced structure poking out if the surface of a field, for a farmer just to find an old newspaper showing riots happened cuz everyone was sterile and lol it was too late anyway rioting did nothing because a generation later only a few select children where raised to be farmers for these guys and they couldn't have translated or read the newspaper anyway. The other ppl in the room couldn't tell they where riots and said they where just celebrating until Daniel said come on guys don't be stupid why would these guys all become farmers and bury their cities in one generation voluntarily.
Last edited by starkind; 12-03-2021 at 12:22 AM..
Old 12-03-2021, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

i really want to get into stargate but it's a bit difficult to.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i really want to get into stargate but it's a bit difficult to.
Just watch those two episodes.

2010, 4th season 16th episode

And then

2001, 5th season 10th episode

No need to watch the whole series lol.

Some episodes are terrible especially by today's standards, I think skipping around through the series is fair, unless ur already like conditioned like me when it was rly the only thing to watch, so I watched it over and over and over.

Eventually you'll just watch them all probably after u find there's good ones and start to like the characters a bit too much.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:25 AM
Banned

There was a speech about the jfk assassination in one of the other episodes that I'm pretty sure got cut out of the Amazon streaming ones lol. Even if u bought them.

In my lifetime I've watched the narrative get omitted, censored forgotten, and obfuscated. Many times. I think if I get 80 I'm just going to grin stupidly at ppl for sure while I talk about iksar wizards who could cast clarity and iksar rangers of prexus who fought valiantly against Kerren SKs of solusek ro. To liberate the erudites from the Dwarven magi.
Last edited by starkind; 12-03-2021 at 12:29 AM..
Old 12-03-2021, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

OK reminder, that if you think I am a crazy evangelical.

You are against climate science.

Watch this weekend to see if parts of california are flooded (we're coming up on the end of the year of floods, would be a great finale to see the ivory towers soaked in sin water)

no new normal:

Last edited by Jibartik; 12-03-2021 at 04:15 PM..