Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-24-2021, 04:25 PM
Large Rat

Default C++ Runtime Error

I recently purchased a new ultra wide monitor. After I installed it, my launch titanium batch file suddenly started giving me a C++ Runtime Error. I had not made any changes to my eqclient file. I left the resolution at 2560x1440 as it had always been before. The error says "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." I tried uninstalling all of my C++ libraries and reinstalling from the web. Same problem occurs. What's odd is when I copy my EQ directory from another computer using my NAS it will run fine on the computer with the ultra wide screen... for a day or so. Once the error comes back up the only solution I know of is to add a new copy of the donor directory from the NAS. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Update.... it also runs directly from NAS just fine.
Erhm... another update?... I have also formatted my computer and reinstalled everything.
Last edited by DRUIDLFGPST; 11-24-2021 at 04:43 PM..
Old 11-26-2021, 02:28 PM
Large Rat

Default Changing directory fixes issue... temorarily

If I move the EQ directory folder to a new location, I no longer get the C++ runtime error message. After a day or two, it starts happening again.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:54 PM
Large Rat

Default Fix

Moving EQ directory to Program Files (x86) seems to have resolved the issued and stopped any future C++ errors.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:45 PM
Large Rat

Thumbs up Run time error

Thank you! I've been trying to fix this for days. When moved to the Program files (x86) it runs but the text is hardly readable now. Any suggestions?
Old 12-12-2021, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Hi, I've just encountered the same issue after windows 10 updates. Also mucked up my gfx drivers (RX580).

Saw this post: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=392356

I was previously running compatability mode SP3. Compatibility mode has now been turned OFF and I am back in Norrath.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:03 PM
Large Rat

Default Runtime error fixed...now Text issues

Ok I have it up and running again without Any compatibility mode (none of them worked tried them all) However my text is messed up where the letters are missing pieces of them & its almost impossible to read unless I set it at 5 and even then it's still not right. I've even changed the font to Veranda because that seems to be the best for it. Any suggestions?
Old 12-16-2021, 01:39 PM
Large Rat

Yes I just came back today to say that I found it was compatibility mode! Turning it off seems to fix the issue. I suppose when I moved it to a new directory it reset compatibility mode and that is why it seemed to fix the issue. Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 12-16-2021, 01:40 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamzach65 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you! I've been trying to fix this for days. When moved to the Program files (x86) it runs but the text is hardly readable now. Any suggestions?
Do you have scaling on in windows? Check your display settings and make sure it's at 100%. Not 125% or 150% for example. Aside from that, the only thing I can think of is to check that the resolution in game is set appropriately for your display. You may have to edit eqclient file to fix the resolution.