Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2015, 01:01 AM
Orc

Default New Druid, need advice

Hey everyone, I've been playing on p99 for a few weeks now and have finally reached level 16 on my Druid. I figured this would be a good time to give charm kiting a go. I'm having problems however, and I'm not sure if it's because I've never gotten a character this far before and I'm inexperienced, or if I'm doing something wrong. Any advice you all could provide would be great. (I have read all the guides I could find on the wiki, but I still can't seem to get it.)

I understand the way it's supposed to work, but either one of two things happen. Either the animal I charm destroys the mob I send it against without really taking any damage, or the charm breaks way too early and I end up with two blue/white mobs at half health chomping away at me. I've been trying different combinations of root/snare/ds/pet back off/etc, but I can't seem to get the process down to where I can use this as an effective leveling strategy. Maybe I should stick to grouping in Unrest/cb until I get my next charm?

Like I said, this is the first time I've made it past level 15 on p99 or back during kunark when I originally played. This is all new territory to me and any advice I could get would be great!