Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default GINA Timers/Alerts for Enchanter

Hi there,

I recently discovered GINA, as referenced on the wiki. Seems like just the thing to help me track charm and mez on my enchanter.

Mez timers seem easy enough, but I can't seem to get Charm to work. Are there any enchanters out there that have some example triggers they could send my way? Any other useful triggers you use?

Thank you!
Old 09-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Kobold

Charm is random duration up to x minutes i think so there is no point in timing it.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

When I boxed on Mac I would use GTT for timers on Haste + Mez. Resist messages on Slow. And break messages on Charm.

The later two I used primarily because I would click a hotkey for slow that was cast Tash, /pause, cast slow; and I would be tabbed away when slow cast so I wouldn't see it resisted without that trigger. Charm break was a safety measure to remind me charm broke in case I was tabbed to a different character when it broke. Those aren't necessary on P99 cause you cannot box here. You should see charm breaks or slow resists without any trigger when playing a single character.

Mez timer will be the most useful thing for you. It will always let you know when Mez needs to be refreshed.

Haste timer is sort of useful. But I mostly just solo and it's an epic click so no harm in clicking early and often.

Slow timer has certain value now that fights can last more than 2-3min in Velious, back during Kunark it wouldn't have been. Even then these fights are either raid mobs / mini raid mobs where no Shaman is present, or very low DPS groups. Not that often occurrences.

Root timer may be useful but a lot of roots share the same text so it may be difficult to have an accurate timer since I find myself using different roots for different purposes (though I don't have Fetter which seem to replace all others)
Old 09-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the replies, all!

What I've ended up with is:
- Mez countdown timer
- Charm break notification
- /tell notification

The charm timer I was hoping to set up was a clock counting up, so I could see the freshest charm's runtime, but it's not strictly necessary.

Daldaen, Your multibox setup sounds like a blast! I had never really considered what it would actually take to run multiple characters at a time. Very cool.

Thanks again.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I boxed on Mac I would use GTT for timers on Haste + Mez. Resist messages on Slow. And break messages on Charm.

The later two I used primarily because I would click a hotkey for slow that was cast Tash, /pause, cast slow; and I would be tabbed away when slow cast so I wouldn't see it resisted without that trigger. Charm break was a safety measure to remind me charm broke in case I was tabbed to a different character when it broke. Those aren't necessary on P99 cause you cannot box here. You should see charm breaks or slow resists without any trigger when playing a single character.

Mez timer will be the most useful thing for you. It will always let you know when Mez needs to be refreshed.

Haste timer is sort of useful. But I mostly just solo and it's an epic click so no harm in clicking early and often.

Slow timer has certain value now that fights can last more than 2-3min in Velious, back during Kunark it wouldn't have been. Even then these fights are either raid mobs / mini raid mobs where no Shaman is present, or very low DPS groups. Not that often occurrences.

Root timer may be useful but a lot of roots share the same text so it may be difficult to have an accurate timer since I find myself using different roots for different purposes (though I don't have Fetter which seem to replace all others)
For someone that aspires to having everything as classic as possible, you're quite the hypocrite when it comes to certain things Dal.

Good luck with GINA, op... I always had my pet window above my chat bars, as soon as that disappears you know charm broke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2015, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

GINA is just a log reader, the technology it uses was available in 2001.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 09-24-2015, 03:50 AM
Sarnak

How do you make GINA work in full-screen mode? Do you solely rely on voice-overs or do you play in windowed mode?

Or is there a way to make GINA text overlay work in fullscreen mode?

I need to play in fullscreen because in windowed mode I'm not able to change the gamma and everything is ridiculously dark.

Oh and, GINA is allowed, right?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by beel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you make GINA work in full-screen mode? Do you solely rely on voice-overs or do you play in windowed mode?

Or is there a way to make GINA text overlay work in fullscreen mode?

I need to play in fullscreen because in windowed mode I'm not able to change the gamma and everything is ridiculously dark.
I play in windowed mode. Is your issue with the hardware? Maybe try adjusting the settings of your actual display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh and, GINA is allowed, right?
Good question. There's a lot of disagreement on the forums. Based on what I heard in Sirken's SuperCast #63, you're okay as long as you're not automating keystrokes. Not sure if there's any statement specifically addressing GINA, though.
Closed Thread