Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If police do come then someone videotapes them out of context and makes up lies about how the victim was pleading for his life and the cops are raycist. Despite the fact that you seem unaware there is more police presence in minority neighborhoods than affluent ones.

But then again, are you saying that gun control is wrong because the people who live in the boonies have not only a right to own guns but they are a necessity because it takes 20-45 minuets for the police to arrive?

Or are you saying gang violence exists because people in gangland are protecting themselves from petty thieves and not killing each other over turf wars and living in a culture of violence?
I'm saying none of those things.

In general statistics overwhelmingly show that owning a gun does not make you or your family safer. While I don't remember the exact numbers, your chance of protecting yourself against the bad guys does go up by say 10% (or whatever the chance is you'll have your gun ready when you need it, will fire more accurately than the bad guys, etc.)

But, the chance of you even being in a situation where a gun would be relevant are already pretty slim, so really that doesn't increase your safety much at all. However, the chance of you committing suicide goes up, the chance a family member committing suicide goes up, the chance your kid will accidentally shoot someone (or themselves) goes up, etc. and when you add those together you are much less safe.

What I'm saying is that society's resources, including not just police protection but also fire protection, school funding, etc. should all be distributed equally. However (because they tend to be based on property taxes) we instead give the best society has to offer to the rich, the worst we can possibly give without feeling too bad to the poor, and then we wonder why the people who get so much less from society AND started off with so much less in the first place do so much worse.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-22-2017 at 04:29 PM..
Old 12-22-2017, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like their all fucked -- what do we add? "there behavior was unacceptable"? Shame on them...whatever
Oh, I don't know. How about at least a hashtag (like they did with #metoo) instead of silence from the group that claims to fight against abuse against women?
Old 12-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In general statistics overwhelmingly show that owning a gun does not make you or your family safer. While I don't remember the exact numbers, your chance of protecting yourself against the bad guys does go up by say 10% (or whatever the chance is you'll have your gun ready when you need it, will fire more accurately than the bad guys, etc.)

But, the chance of you even being in a situation where a gun would be relevant are already pretty slim, so really that doesn't increase your safety much at all. However, the chance of you committing suicide goes up, the chance a family member committing suicide goes up, the chance your kid will accidentally shoot someone (or themselves) goes up, etc. and when you add those together you are much less safe.

What I'm saying is that society's resources, including not just police protection but also fire protection, school funding, etc. should all be distributed equally. However (because they tend to be based on property taxes) we instead give the best society has to offer to the rich, the worst we can possibly give without feeling too bad to the poor, and then we wonder why the people who get so much less from society AND started off with so much less in the first place do so much worse.
you're missing the point though. Up until this broadcast the narritive literally both from the campaign trail straight from Hillaries mouth, was that illegal immigrants do not commit more crimes than non illegal immigrants.

However this study proves that they VASTLY commit more crime than non illegal immigrants or native born citizens.

1. you seem to make up a lot of excuses for reasons why people commit crime but leave out a lot as well.
a. you dont even consider that crime in the country someone is fleeing from having a single iota of effect on said persons ability to justify crime, you blame americans.
b. you dont even consider the fact that the cartel has a large investment in human trafficking because it is so easy to bring illegals in this country and brings not only illegal immigrants over the boarder but surounds them with crime.. agian, instead, you blame americans.

2. You suggest spreading fire and police protection and school funding, but as I have said multiple times, that is NOT the idiology of the people you want to elect. Theirs is one of social change, not economic. Look at democrat run cities all over the country, NY, LA, all of them have worse if not the same crime ratios in poor minority neighborhoods than conservative run cities.
a. if you want to support economic change in these cities then support the police, instead of suggesting that they are murderers.
b. you support changing social constructs, not any of what you suggested above. Infact, if you go through this thread youll see that what you suggest above is what I have been suggesting as a solution to gun violence in this country since the get go.
c. The left wants to sevearly limit the police's ability to stop crime in these areas as well, activists and establishemnt elected officials support BLM which wants to hinder the police's abillity to do what you suggest, I believe even YOU support BLM which is totally contrary to what you suggest in the above post.

no, loramin, what you are saying is that minorities comit more crime because there is a lack of investment in them, and that if we invested more in minorities they would stop commiting crime.

The irony is, by saying that, you are saying that Trump was right when he said they were bringing over rapists and murderers. Something that these statistics prove.

So thanks for the shout out to the god emp. He is right as usual.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

80% of central american women and girls are raped immigrating into US illegally.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...n_5806972.html

Anyone know what % are raped when illegally emigrating from the US? I wonder.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Would those immigrants have been more or less likely to be involved with murder if they hadn't immigrated?
Old 12-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Banned

illegal alien

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2017, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
illegal alien

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unfortunately based on statistics, this gif is not untrue.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Banned

Look...everyone knows illegal aliens don't account for what was it?

Oh yes, "72% of Drug Possession"

So the jig is up isn't it? These are obviously just reflections of conviction rates -- which are highly influenced by how policing and due process is done. So Carlson can make that stupid face he wants -- he didn't prove that that we are all vastly endangering ourselves.

I'm sure there is some crime we experience -- I'm just no so sure it isn't offset by benefits. It's easy to blame the economy on people willing to do the crap jobs for cheap...but that is generally a kind of jobs relegated to the underclass anyway.

"No one born in America should have to pick fruit!" Is the attitude. Economies have a social dimension -- sometimes this inflates the wage of some not-useful jobs (consulting) and deflates the wage of useful ones (picking fruit).

Communist societies put more emphasis on everyone putting in their share of labor. They would make sure rich people spend time pick fruit if they put on airs -- labor as punishment is a much better idea than prison IMO.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 12-22-2017 at 05:11 PM..
Old 12-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Guns are always relevant in Texas

Keep that California acai berry hippie shit out west
Old 12-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look...everyone knows illegal aliens don't account for what was it?

Oh yes, "72% of Drug Possession"

So the jig is up isn't it? These are obviously just reflections of conviction rates -- which are highly influenced by how policing and due process is done. So Carlson can make that stupid face he wants -- he didn't prove that that we are all vastly endangering ourselves.

I'm sure there is some crime we experience -- I'm just no so sure it isn't offset by benefits. It's easy to blame the economy on people willing to do the crap jobs for cheap...but that is generally a kind of jobs relegated to the underclass anyway.

"No one born in America should have to pick fruit!" Is the attitude. Economies have a social dimension -- sometimes this inflates the wage of some not-useful jobs (consulting) and deflates the wage of useful ones (picking fruit).

Communist societies put more emphasis on everyone putting in their share of labor. They would make sure rich people spend time pick fruit if they put on airs -- labor as punishment is a much better idea than prison IMO.
What society ever functioned that way lol?