Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 12:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard from a friend of the doctor that those who abuse weed have a strong tolerance for strong painkillers. That is, if the guy smoked weeds and got to the hospital, then a horse dose of pain medication is required for the operation. I would not want this for myself because you may simply not wake up from a large dose of anesthesia.
Anesthesia here, that's pretty much correct. Generally speaking i have to significantly increase my induction doses from about 50-80% my normal go to weight based dosing just to accommodate for this.

Additionally, if I find normal doses of narcotics sub par what one would usually suspect for adequate surgical pain control. With these folks I tend to push harder for regional/neuraxial anesthetics where appropriate. Outpatients get ketamine, Inpatients get more ketamine. Anyone who goes home with "uncontrolled pain" i tell them to go ahead and smoke their weed, just don't mix em with the prescribed narcotics (they're gunna fucking do it anyway, might as well be safe and cover my butt)

That being said, I've yet to see any confounding literature in CBD as far as its pharmacological effects. from anecdotal reports (by far the worst classification of evidence) it does everything from preventing seizures, to muscle relaxation, to mood enhancement and curing of cancer.

Needless to say the broad range of reported positive attributes with no negative side effects makes myself and many others dubious of its efficacy.

Most of the people involved in the manufacturing and distribution, id be willing to bet have little to know knowledge of the medical / physiological / pharmacological properties of the stuff and that said it's not necessarily a safe option, in my opinion (who cares about that) I believe there is probably a few chemists, one burned out pharmacologist, and several engineers behind the movement of this product. I agree with others who that there is most likely a large placebo effect to its use and would be willing to bet well rounded double blinded clinical research trials would show the same thing.
Last edited by Daemrius; 01-31-2020 at 12:39 PM..
Old 03-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fake weed, placebo in full effect. People selling hemp oil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ps. be careful or don't use if your job drug tests, trace amounts of thc may show up even if not listed on the 'packaging/container/prescription'
BITD; the limit was 50 nano-grams or higher, which meant you were tokin da ganj. Anything less, was acceptable due to second hand smoke levels + other factors. Most CBD items I've seen, heard of, or tried, have such a trace amount that it would not register to those levels. So far, I've only heard good things from many people & pet owners about CBD
Old 03-05-2020, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

I take CBD drops at night before bed. 25 MG worth via a dropper underneath my tongue. No THC. On the nights when I forget to take it, I notice worse sleep. My father in law swears it's snake oil but the proof is in the puddin'!
Old 03-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Banned

Just a fyi to all the people interested in CBD one of the first things donald trump did was pass a farm bill the decriminilized hemp and the cultivation of hemp in every US State, as long as it is high cbd low THC it is legal to cultivate your own plants

Full spectrum CBD has no substitues and theres nothing you can buy that will give you the effect fresh CBD Will, its dark or i would post a picture of my plant, but i bought sour spacecandy hemp seeds and i have a sick plant.
Closed Thread