Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

Detoxx really impressing me.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See people say stuff like this and yet it is very few and far between that this happens. Lets just look at some numbers:

Since Freedom was formed in July 2020, which lead to teaming with AG and the first real competition on the server since 2019, it has been 57 weeks.

Every week, Fr/AG / Vanquish and Riot have competed on, lets say ~25 mobs.

53*25 = 1325 competitive raids (Figuring the times that there was concessions or one guild was locked or another guild just didnt have the numbers to compete balances out with the respawns / quakes in that time this number is pretty close to accurate.)

Of those 1325 raids there have been roughly 30 petitions against each other. Thats ~2% of the time there is an issue that cannot be resolved without GM intervention.

This idea that:

Is extreme hyperbole and just an excuse losers and quitters use to spin a narrative because said losers and quitters are losing and quitting.

The GMs hate dealing with petitions, and I get that, but looking at these numbers its really isnt some inordinate amount of times that we have to rely on them to settle something and the constant lies and hyperbole listed by the quoted above and just straight misinformation.
Stop Gaslighting, next Guildname you shitbags should use is Trainquish.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't that greengrocer? A former GM no?

Your sig is literally complaining about blue. You never raided ToV during any era. Petitions are just as pathetic... no definitely more pathetic and wordy than they were then. Beef may be QQing, i am not. I perfectly understand how we got to where we are.

Also my mommy loves me
Glad to hear your mom loves you. Mines loves me too.

Regarding my signature, I stand by it. When I was about to make my first character on P99, I decided to go for red just for the ability to contest classic monsters I could never camp on live. Turns out, Red's population was low enough that I could adventure and experience full dungeons in Norrath! How cool, right? On live where I played, that was not an option due to the high population along with players who embraced "sock life." I checked out the forums just to be sure I made the right choice, and sure enough I did.

Just from the rants and flames, I saw the typical disputes over camps, epic mobs, and raids. No thank you. I may not have raided ToV during any era, but I certainly did help guild mates with their epics as well attempt to get mine done. Staring down 4 other guilds at the Ragefire spot, 2 hours before it's about to spawn to help my cleric buddy finish her epic, sound fun? Waiting another hour for a GM to come and help decide who should get it. Is that fun? No.

Heck, there are at least 2 different threads, with multiple replies, about how terrible two of the Enchanter epic monsters are because of players who sell loot rights. That's even worse than live. I can't imagine what those same players are like in a raid.

Here's what saddens me about the blue player base. The game is 22 years old. Witnessing the toxic raid, group, and player culture of Everquest was unavoidable. With the people who play this emulator, how none of them have matured and recognized this behavior enough to curtail it is the crime itself. The fact GMs had to make those unclassic changes to game is proof of that.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 08-10-2021, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Exile the rule breakers to the red server.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exile the rule breakers to the red server.
No thanks, clean whistles only on red. You keep them.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing = Perma Ban

Gaslighting?
The irony of having that in his signature when the one person who's been proven to have boxed in the past year is still alive and well on the server and leading a guild. Perma ban's ain't what they use to be!
Old 08-10-2021, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Would love to see the numbers on how many ppl hate bag limits but still log in to kill dragons each week for that pixel fix
Old 08-10-2021, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

All of them.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unrooted dragons were fun for the pull team, but that amounted to a small fraction of each raid force. The zone and the rest of its spawns were out of sight, out of mind for the majority who may as well have been warm bodies for how much they contributed. Few commands needed to be followed and not much attention had to be paid.

With push interrupts, very little differentiated one dragon from another. Right and left cubby were the new lairs for a lot of the dragons, each one isolated from any of the hazards and mishaps that came with crawling through the zone. Vyemm's knockback was inconsequential there, a slight rollercoaster thrill for DPS and nothing more.
I do agree, raids b4 rooted dragons were fun to pull etc but you didn't get to see much. I use to run Necro pets up to aary steps to see a little but if you didn't fte dragons you never really got to see ntov at all.

I wish there was a way to do both. Sometimes have them rooted then maybe unroot them on a quake I dunno. Hub/hall tagging was fun too. Mix it up /nod
Old 08-10-2021, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do agree, raids b4 rooted dragons were fun to pull etc but you didn't get to see much. I use to run Necro pets up to aary steps to see a little but if you didn't fte dragons you never really got to see ntov at all.

I wish there was a way to do both. Sometimes have them rooted then maybe unroot them on a quake I dunno. Hub/hall tagging was fun too. Mix it up /nod
I had the exact same idea last night. Well, it was the opposite - rooted on quake and unrooted otherwise.