Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be interested in knowing what percentage of players in favor of getting the Warders back already have Warder loot and what percentage do not. Same for players not wanting Warders back.

Initial hypothesis would be that there would be a clear bias. So players having never gotten Warder loot (or even attended a raid involving Warders if we want to expand) would lean towards wanting Warders back and, opposite to that, players that have already gotten Warder loot would lean towards not wanting Warders back.
I never looted or raided the wardens and don't want them back. The die is cast.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Default It’s classic though bro

I’d like to see them back in. Blue is a museum that allows (filthy) casuals to consume content at their own pace. My two 60s were created in 2012. After numerous hiatuses I’m just now accessing ToV content. When I started TMO monopolized 95%+ of raid content and Azure Guard were scrubs hosting guild events in Befallen (yes, seriously). Now they, or their name at least, represents one of the premier reading guilds on the sever.

Things change, the server evolves. People that want to “compete” for firsts and exclusive content can do it there. I’d even advocate for serial numbers on gear dropped on Green so that the people who derive value out acquiring pixels can not only lord their treasures over the unkempt masses but a lower serial number over neckbeard brethren. “WTS manastone-sn.1/172”.

Anyone arguing against the return of such content is just doing so from a place of greed. The hypocrisy of “but it’s classic” is per se ridiculous in an age of rooted dragons and all the other changes put in place to curb the toxic tendencies of the minority.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be interested in knowing what percentage of players in favor of getting the Warders back already have Warder loot and what percentage do not. Same for players not wanting Warders back.

Initial hypothesis would be that there would be a clear bias. So players having never gotten Warder loot (or even attended a raid involving Warders if we want to expand) would lean towards wanting Warders back and, opposite to that, players that have already gotten Warder loot would lean towards not wanting Warders back.
I’ll just say personally I don’t have any warder loot, nor any particular desire to get any but I would like to see the sleeper awakened. If it happened once a year it would make things a little less stale.

I would guess most of the people against it probably don’t even play anymore.
Last edited by Dithien; 02-04-2020 at 01:37 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 01:41 PM
Aviak

I have not seen many arguments as to WHY folks would not want the Warders to return except for the vague and inherently flawed "not classic" call and simple, honest opinion.

What I do see is alot fo really good angles and reasonings for a return of the Warders, the return of more dynamic content to Blue and the reinvigoration it would bring.

I personally could care less about the loot. It is fun, it is the reward, but the enjoyment lasts for all of 5 minutes. It is the encounters, the inter-guild race for FTE and the interpersonal dynamics and strategy that makes this game enduring.

In the end, thats what it is all about for many of us. Leaving off some of the best, hardest end-game encounters available in this era of the game when the content is limited as it is makes very little sense at this point in the age of this server.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

So if they respawned warders with no loot table we all down?
Old 02-04-2020, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for proving my point. This is coming from a guy who links his warder loot at every opportunity. Also he's an Alabama Tide fan so by default his opinions are irrelevant.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for proving my point. This is coming from a guy who links his warder loot at every opportunity. Also he's an Alabama Tide fan so by default his opinions are irrelevant.
Roll tide
Old 02-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Bring on the Ancients update. The gear is appropriate for this era.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Aviak

What was the "Ancients update"? not recalling from live. I played through the launch of PoP and quit back then.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a good compromise. I wouldn't mind seeing the sleeper spawn at a random location anywhere in norrath and he makes his way to skyshrine from that location. Our maybe he spawns in solb or perma to visit his parents and have a lovely night out with them.
Last edited by deezy; 02-04-2020 at 04:03 PM..
Closed Thread