Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But, I think I could get into AA's, just maybe only a small amount of points into regen or something.
Yeah, some of the passive AAs would be nice for balancing. Would really love to see melee and spell crits, ranger bow AAs, stuff like that. Activated skill AAs are too strong. Though really, with the gear levels on blue, even the passive stuff really isnt needed for content, just just additional progression instead of leveling alt #9.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:42 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2021, 10:14 AM
Banned

I'm OK if u just give us a /transfertotakp command
Old 04-20-2021, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

TAKP definitely more classic than this funbox. Within 5 seconds of logging in you can tell lol.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Oh and AAs are not hard. Get into an AE group in The Deep and you'll literally get 6 AAs an hour minimum. That poster saying 5 years to get 200 AAs has no idea what he's talking about lmao.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKP definitely more classic than this funbox. Within 5 seconds of logging in you can tell lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh and AAs are not hard. Get into an AE group in The Deep and you'll literally get 6 AAs an hour minimum. That poster saying 5 years to get 200 AAs has no idea what he's talking about lmao.
TRUE on both counts but i'm antisocial and wierd, so I don't do that kinda thing.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, some of the passive AAs would be nice for balancing. Would really love to see melee and spell crits, ranger bow AAs, stuff like that. Activated skill AAs are too strong. Though really, with the gear levels on blue, even the passive stuff really isnt needed for content, just just additional progression instead of leveling alt #9.
Frankly I think this is too many people’s view who just aren’t familiar with Luclin/PoP era AAs.

In Luclin, the only activateable AAs are in the tab window and most classes only have 0-3. Most of them are actually quite awful. The real strength of most AAs comes from the passives.

Warriors getting extra Mitigation/Avoidance with Combat Stability/Agility and extra HP with Natural Durability, and all of the about with Physical Enhancement is about 90% of the value warriors pull from Luclin AAs. Their class activateables are War Cry (group immunity to fear for 10 seconds every 36 minutes), Rampage (1 melee swing at every mob in an area every 10 minutes), and Area Taunt (a 100% success rate taunt on all mobs in an area every 10 minutes, doesn’t work on some dragons and NPCs with high centers of gravity like many NTOV Permarooted dragons). Among those only Area Taunt is super useful and even that isn’t huge with clicky aggro and a functional CH rotation.

Luclin AAs absolutely trivialize Velious raid content though. It is already extremely trivial since basically every event is a single dragon with 1-2 AEs and maybe Rampage or Flurry. No really touch mechanics to deal with at all. But AAs don’t belong on the server unless you add Luclin also. They definitely offer a great way to develop your character and prevent the best use of your time from being Powerleveling another level 60 alt to park out at a dragon. But they are designed for harder Luclin/PoP raids.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:46 PM
Fire Giant

I wonder if they did a Diablo 2 Resurrected project, on Everquest with it ending at Pop, how could they make better?

- Only way to spire port to Luclin is in West Commonlands.

- Remove Kael Tov Loot. Make Deepwater kunark classes armor more rare and also appear on the moon.

- Every time you gain a level you get the ability to use a Pop Book once.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:53 PM
Fire Giant

Up next. World of Warcraft made to be Everquest classic.

Not sure how many would want to be an Orc warrior with just Auto attack, taunt and kick. /shrugs I'd play.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:42 AM
Banned

WoW classic is truly closer to EQ than it is WoW Retail.

When you play WoW classic after recently playing on P99 you see the heavy influence in the game.

Pretty sure the run through Wetlands was made to mimic the long runs in EQ for young players.

And then having to ride a little boat out to an island in Feralas makes me have flashbacks from several zones in EQ.
Closed Thread