Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 05:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't encountered anything like that in Freedom. Very nice of you to refer to us as a cesspit, though.
I'm glad you haven't encountered it and are all living happily ever after. However it takes 2 seconds to find cesspit level behaviour on these forums from your guildies. The fact your head is in the sand to your associates' shenanigans doesn't mean it isn't happening, you're just lucky/ignorant enough to not see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx
Hear a lot of members or Riot bitching about how toxic it gets when you keep losing, especially Vulak. We got friends over there boys, try not to lie at least.
Sure people get heated, but there's not the level of childishness and bigotry that we had in my early days. Since summer there's been nothing I'd consider toxic. To me, a guild leader logging into a competing guild's toon and training them is pretty absurd and not something I'd support, yet here we are with his horde of followers giving them their pixel fix.

Clearly we're not having floods of those "a lot" of people whinging heading to Freedom, so it can't be that bad? We've had... how many voluntarily leave to join? 1? and she had enough and quit.

Sorry you didn't get picked for the team, though. You seem to have found your place, I'm pleased for you.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad you haven't encountered it and are all living happily ever after. However it takes 2 seconds to find cesspit level behaviour on these forums from your guildies. The fact your head is in the sand to your associates' shenanigans doesn't mean it isn't happening, you're just lucky/ignorant enough to not see it.

Sure people get heated, but there's not the level of childishness and bigotry that we had in my early days. Since summer there's been nothing I'd consider toxic. To me, a guild leader logging into a competing guild's toon and training them is pretty absurd and not something I'd support, yet here we are with his horde of followers giving them their pixel fix.

Clearly we're not having floods of those "a lot" of people whinging heading to Freedom, so it can't be that bad? We've had... how many voluntarily leave to join? 1? and she had enough and quit.

Sorry you didn't get picked for the team, though. You seem to have found your place, I'm pleased for you.
I can find the same behavior from Riot but his forum exists for a reason. Please do not preach morality because Riot has no more of a leg to stand on than Freedom in that department. We all got a paddling from Menden for a reason.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can find the same behavior from Riot but his forum exists for a reason. Please do not preach morality because Riot has no more of a leg to stand on than Freedom in that department. We all got a paddling from Menden for a reason.
We’ll have to agree to disagree on the former, as I haven’t seen anyone tagged Riot stoop so low as to call people cunts like a member of Freedom has. With regards to the paddling, nobody has learned their lesson have they? It’s a matter of time until we face another one. Let’s hope the 70% RAs have their toons tagged elsewhere to keep the lust fed.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Look honestly... Aftermath wasn't toxic like that. It was an extremely well run guild, with (truly amazing all things considered) leadership and infrastructure. I could go on and on about it.. but truthfully the most toxic guild related shit i've ever seen and been apart of happened in the smaller guilds I was in before AM. Think Bladefrenzy grats me level bullshit.

For instance, when I was in Clue, Neversleep and I started a king group. I invited a level 54 shaman guildy, who was all but useless, and a bunch of other lowish level randoms.. including a 52ish druid. Somehow we got the PH down, and king pops. Drops tunic. We all roll, and I won the tunic. Well... the level 54 shaman guildy starts absolutely raging. What's the point of being in a guild if people don't help each other out? He thought that I should give him the tunic I just won... in a pick up group... because he needed it. When I (semi-politely refused as he was extremely lucky to even be invited to the group) ... the guy absolutely flipped out in guild chat. Calling me a greedy piece of shit, saying he hated me, and guild removed himself.

Small example, but that kind of thing happened a lot more in smaller guilds. If that happened in freedom, am, or even riot, an officer or senior member would handle that person immediately. In a smaller guild.. people don't know what to do.

Every top guild is going to have a berg or two. But it's not fair to just label the whole guild completely toxic... especially when we're talking about raiding in a competitive environment. You wouldn't label a pro sports team toxic because one player on the team constantly chirps/or is very outspoken. Not that it's a completely fair comparison.. but come on. Enigmo and Cheanna has been officers in our guilds for like 5 years and they are both like the nicest, most down to earth players around. If we were truly the way people make us out to be... they wouldn't be with us.

Also i'll concede fREEdom is a pretty funny chirp. lmao. Also make sure to call our dkp system "REETox bux" that shit is so funny
Old 01-08-2021, 07:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look honestly... Aftermath wasn't toxic like that. It was an extremely well run guild, with (truly amazing all things considered) leadership and infrastructure. I could go on and on about it.. but truthfully the most toxic guild related shit i've ever seen and been apart of happened in the smaller guilds I was in before AM. Think Bladefrenzy grats me level bullshit.

For instance, when I was in Clue, Neversleep and I started a king group. I invited a level 54 shaman guildy, who was all but useless, and a bunch of other lowish level randoms.. including a 52ish druid. Somehow we got the PH down, and king pops. Drops tunic. We all roll, and I won the tunic. Well... the level 54 shaman guildy starts absolutely raging. What's the point of being in a guild if people don't help each other out? He thought that I should give him the tunic I just won... in a pick up group... because he needed it. When I (semi-politely refused as he was extremely lucky to even be invited to the group) ... the guy absolutely flipped out in guild chat. Calling me a greedy piece of shit, saying he hated me, and guild removed himself.

Small example, but that kind of thing happened a lot more in smaller guilds. If that happened in freedom, am, or even riot, an officer or senior member would handle that person immediately. In a smaller guild.. people don't know what to do.

Every top guild is going to have a berg or two. But it's not fair to just label the whole guild completely toxic... especially when we're talking about raiding in a competitive environment. You wouldn't label a pro sports team toxic because one player on the team constantly chirps/or is very outspoken. Not that it's a completely fair comparison.. but come on. Enigmo and Cheanna has been officers in our guilds for like 5 years and they are both like the nicest, most down to earth players around. If we were truly the way people make us out to be... they wouldn't be with us.

Also i'll concede fREEdom is a pretty funny chirp. lmao. Also make sure to call our dkp system "REETox bux" that shit is so funny
Twochain you are dumb as fuck. Its obvious that it should be "FREEEE-KP".
Closed Thread