Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Default Faction

Not sure where to post this really, so I apologize if this is not the right spot.

I'm a Babarian Shaman and am trying to solo my way up. Am currently lvl 26 and am considering killing the two Treants in South Karana. I'd like to know... how much am I going to hate taking the faction hits - most notably to QeynosGuards?

I'm not sure if I will need that faction for anything noticable later on. Can anyone chime in?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilshute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure where to post this really, so I apologize if this is not the right spot.

I'm a Babarian Shaman and am trying to solo my way up. Am currently lvl 26 and am considering killing the two Treants in South Karana. I'd like to know... how much am I going to hate taking the faction hits - most notably to QeynosGuards?

I'm not sure if I will need that faction for anything noticable later on. Can anyone chime in?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guard faction is easy to fix.

The druid and animal faction not as easy.

Those make porting around a bit more of a challenge. You will need to make sure any druid giving you a ride lets you invis before porting.

Krey
Old 02-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Kobold

Cheers!

Oh, do you happen to know (ball park) how many kills it will take to make me kos to the druids?

EDIT: It seems each kill equals a 30 point faction hit. At negative 501 you go from 'dubious' to 'threatening' according to the scale found here http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction
Last edited by nevilshute; 02-04-2015 at 03:38 AM..
Old 02-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Played Barb Shaman on live and ended up trashing my druid faction killing in Plane of Growth in Velious. If you plan on raiding in Velious in PoG going to ruin it anyways. As a Shaman you never have to interact with the Druid/Ranger factions other than at a couple of druid rings that have Treants. You should invis when porting to NK/WK rings, some will say also invis for WC ones but I never do and have never been attacked as load in spot is out of agro range.

Plus what Shaman isn't invis when traveling anyways! I say Kill the Treants and profit.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played Barb Shaman on live and ended up trashing my druid faction killing in Plane of Growth in Velious. If you plan on raiding in Velious in PoG going to ruin it anyways. As a Shaman you never have to interact with the Druid/Ranger factions other than at a couple of druid rings that have Treants. You should invis when porting to NK/WK rings, some will say also invis for WC ones but I never do and have never been attacked as load in spot is out of agro range.

Plus what Shaman isn't invis when traveling anyways! I say Kill the Treants and profit.
I suppose I do plan on raiding in PoG eventually, but are you sure about the factions here?

From what I can read:

A Treant:

Guards of Qeynos (-30)
Jaggedpine Treefolk (-30)
Protectors of Pine (-30)
QRG Protected Animals (-30)

Mobs in PoG:

Clerics of Tunare (-30)
Faydarks Champions (-30)
Servants of Tunare (-30)
Soldiers of Tunare (-30)
Old 02-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilshute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose I do plan on raiding in PoG eventually, but are you sure about the factions here?

From what I can read:

A Treant:

Guards of Qeynos (-30)
Jaggedpine Treefolk (-30)
Protectors of Pine (-30)
QRG Protected Animals (-30)

Mobs in PoG:

Clerics of Tunare (-30)
Faydarks Champions (-30)
Servants of Tunare (-30)
Soldiers of Tunare (-30)
Different factions same results, druids and rangers will hate you for killing in PoG and if you kill Treants. Who cares about qeynos guards faction, who goes to qeynos as a shaman.