Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Default Chelsith Stone/Shissar Calender Lore

Please read though the speculation done here:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9216

Wanted to necro the thread but it was closed. Here are the made up images

http://imgur.com/a/Xkvhc

I'm trying to stick to mostly the first calender version, as the second weighs heavily on what's happening with the rotonga and the two god slaying weapons in eq2. I was in the shower and came across a possible realization.

The top right rune of crossing boned we believed symbolized Bertoxxulous or the other guy who ruled the plane of disease before him (I have forgotten his name). What if it's a representation of the 4 arms of Cazic-Thule?

I was also thinking of the locations where the symbols turn up. Mountains of rathe, the oasis of marr, neriak. All seeming to be locations of great importance.

Quote:
Mountains of Rathe- where 1 of the council of earth was slain (leading to the creation of the mountains of rathe)
Oasis of Marr - Speculation as the symbol being where Innoruuk stole the king and queen of Takish'Hiz. This could also just be representative of the rise of the serpent mountains, but it would have to be tied to the symbol of tunare, as Sol Ro isn't depicted
Neriak - Tons of stuff, maybe dealing with Innoruuk's Avatar (Lanys T`Vyl), and the bloody battle of kithicor?
Plane of Hate - Akin to line of logic for the Oasis of Marr and the capture of the king and queen
Also from here (This is in EQ2 I believe, so using the full ring of the calender)

Quote:
You say to Al’Kabor, “Well, if what you’re saying is correct, then the inner symbols seem to represent beings and places. Similarly, the outer ring would appear to be events – things that have happened in Norrath’s past represented on the Chelsith Stone.”
Al’Kabor says to you, “My theory is this. The sigils in the outer ring are a specific series of events. These events are somehow connected, either with each other or with a larger event that they all play a part in. As these events come to pass, we grow ever closer to the culmination of Age’s End.”
You say to Al’Kabor, “What is the inner ring?”
Al’Kabor says to you, “I believe they are instructions.”
You say to Al’Kabor, “Instructions? For what?”
Al’Kabor says to you, “Preventing the coming of Age’s End. I believe that in order to turn back the oblivion we seem to be destined for, we must pull together the pieces to counter that who is represented within the center of the prophecy.”

Also from here

Quote:
Al’Kabor:Al’Kabor says to you, “Well, to be brief, the one I found first was the rune of the Dal Crown, which I found in the notes I discovered on the agents of Mistmoore. I originally believed this to somehow represent Brell or the Underfoot, as it appeared to resemble the crown worn by the Duke of Below. However, this appeared no where in any information connected to Brell Serilis, and in fact, no where in the Underfoot which Dartain was imprisoned in.”
Which means the top rune is the symbol of Dal, the original race that mistmoore supposedly belongs to... But if this doesn't represent Brell then are we correct in assuming Prexus and Tunare for the others? Remember- these two excerpts are taken from EQ2 lore- which understandably is WAY differant than the original. Even reading through the beta lore was quite fun.

So the two main things I want to talk about are
1. Possible symbol for Cazic-Thule rather than the double symbol of Bertoxx (Top left being the crossed skulls, bottom right being the symbol of Xulous, akin to the origin stories of Bertoxx).
2. Locations of the symbols in EQ1. I'm going to go through the posts later- and I'll have to get a collection of pictures posted and go find some for myself. Does anyone know of any other locations?
3. Whatever else you want to discuss
Last edited by Burrito; 03-20-2013 at 10:10 AM..
Closed Thread