Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Orc

Unhappy Iksar plate

First of all I'd like to state I know it's not classic and all...

But is there a chance iksar will in fact be allowed to wear plate? I know the devs are overburdened as it is but iksar warrior/SK will be virtually non existent based on the fact that no one wants a tank who doesn't have gear. I personally would like to make an iksar warrior but after compiling a short list of the gear that would be useable, I knew that tanking probably wasn't going to happen. Any thought on this would be appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

saying Iksar (any class) will be virtually non existent is pretty lol
Old 02-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Sarnak

Hold out till Velious and then be the best. This is a classic server trying to emulate classic as close as possible. Ikky's won't wear plate till Velious, end of story.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

Just remember, it's Verants fuck up, not the p1999 devs. Their hands are kind of tied.

There are plenty of minor tweaks they could make but don't. It's the spirit of the server to go with the classic feel, despite the game being imperfect. It was dealt with once, it can be dealt with now.

At least you have the knowledge now. Back then you could have gotten to 60 thinking all this race specific non plate existed for you before realizing it was very limited and never fully implemented.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

"iksars dont wear plate because it chafes their scales"

smooth plate chafes their scales, but chain mail doesnt? LOL Verant :P

Asher
Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Aviak

Does the iksar supposed AC bonus make it up at all? Or is it so small as to be trivial?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just remember, it's Verants fuck up, not the p1999 devs. Their hands are kind of tied.

There are plenty of minor tweaks they could make but don't. It's the spirit of the server to go with the classic feel, despite the game being imperfect. It was dealt with once, it can be dealt with now.

At least you have the knowledge now. Back then you could have gotten to 60 thinking all this race specific non plate existed for you before realizing it was very limited and never fully implemented.
Lol you haven't been here long, eh?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:43 AM
Kobold

Dreadscale. End of story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2011, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the iksar supposed AC bonus make it up at all? Or is it so small as to be trivial?
Yes. Once you get Velious quest armors, the extra AC actually pushes Iksar warriors and sks to the top of the tank list. Only problem is getting through Kunark... but Dreadscale and Greenmist (from Fear) is your way to go

"Thou speak'st aright; I am that merry wanderer of the night."
Old 02-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Developer

That's ridiculous. Everybody knows that GNOAMS get the best defensive bonus. Being short, long battles give mobs low back pain and lowers their AC. Plus gnomes get +2 to all ankle damage!
Closed Thread