Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Banned

Dain and Yelinak should be enormous negatives for their side and enormous positives for King Tormaxx. Appears to be pretty damn close if not exact. I'd need to see where Velious faction adjustments were EVER made on live to be convinced otherwise.

Then again, 'Ally' faction was added during Velious... maybe things were changed to be scalar. I think 'Ally' is max on live still atm and follows this same schema. At any rate ~750 trash mobs for 1 Dain kill sounds about right?

More the point and back on track wizard is bad ass situationally, l2p..

ie: quadding on a rogue vs being a wizard during constant infinite pulls... try parsing out a wizard in a short spawn list area like seb crypt as compared to rogue (and dat evac / heal interrupt - blocking a heal = stun damage + prevented heal in damage effectively...)....
Last edited by Nirgon; 06-03-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Old 06-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

wizards are great....til you run out of mana.

Need Rend robes, Manna Robes and epics then they are OP

before that.....you just end up feeling sad watching necros/enchanters and mages do laps around you soloing cash camps.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strike of Solusek, Harvest of Druzzil, AAs, Focus Effects and Flowing Thought fixed wizards.

PoP was an awesome point of balance. Rangers, Wizards and Druids - generally deemed to be some of the weaker all around classes here, become godlike with the addition of AAs and Luclin/PoP spells.

*Miss PoP*
Your not the only one.. I wish their was a server with the dedication of P99. I always thought Velious and PoP had the best raids that were actually fun. Although I hated Luclin and I don't think I could stand a server where you had to suffer through Luclin.
I know some will see this as blasphemy especially considering that PoP seemed to be consider the beginning of the end especially with all the free transports and the coming of GoD. But what can ya do.. I loved PoP, the higher end guilds had the elemental planes and the my casual guilds had the lower tiers to play in.. it was just fun..
Old 06-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wizards are great....til you run out of mana.

Need Rend robes, Manna Robes and epics then they are OP

before that.....you just end up feeling sad watching necros/enchanters and mages do laps around you soloing cash camps.
Is quadding the sea fury isle not running laps around a cash camp

inb4 overcamped too many 60s 3 years of kunark w/e

I believe GM Zade got an eyeful of the Bundyquest I did on the red seafury isle. 8)
Old 06-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

I was gonna throw out that seafuries all they got hehe I was mostly referring to dungeon named cash camps

but even at seafuries necros/ench/mages can keep killing and killing a steady 1 at a time while wizards med forever after they quad

but dont get me wrong, i love wizards as that was my original character so thats why Im allowed to hate on them a bit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Wizards suck aside from quad kiting, raiding, and PBAoE groups.

/thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catashe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know some will see this as blasphemy especially considering that PoP seemed to be consider the beginning of the end especially with all the free transports and the coming of GoD...
Question:

In theory, couldn't someone make a server with PoP activated, but PoK books only being one way? Or not being active at all, and just having a different way to get to PoK?(Talk to the PoD like for gates, or something similar?)

I would love the functionality of pop, the content of pop, everything related to it, without actually including the fast travel.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Unfortunately as the world got bigger and bigger you kinda just needed that fast travel.

When I first logged onto p1999, the first thing I noticed and loved was seeing people chilling in cities again. That pretty much died with the introduction of PoK.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately as the world got bigger and bigger you kinda just needed that fast travel.

When I first logged onto p1999, the first thing I noticed and loved was seeing people chilling in cities again. That pretty much died with the introduction of PoK.
I don't think that was the case in pop.

You would still need PoTranq to get through the PoP zones, but PoP didn't directly expand norrath any more than it was when velious launched.

Post PoP, it became more neccessary, but I think between norrath, the moon, and the planes, you had a good sized world that could still operate just on ports.

Also, i've taken this thread off topic, so heres my classic wiz story:

first char ever was a en erudite wizard. I was in tox forest, and completely blind. I knew ho wto put a spell in my book, but didn't know how spell gems worked. I ran around in pitch black, targeting snakes and trying to go into my spell book, click the spell, and drop them on the snake. I died 5 or 6 times until i gave up and made a warrior
Old 06-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards suck aside from quad kiting, raiding, and PBAoE groups.

/thread
What about the things melees suck @ / can't do do at all that a wizard can

Wizards are exceptional in their areas of strength

Except Tishan's Relocation, who was on what drugs when they decided that port in spot

We also get IVU in Velious
Last edited by Nirgon; 06-03-2014 at 05:54 PM..
Closed Thread