Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-10-2022, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

MSNBC spent the morning talking about (with ETH founder too and he reiterated it) that the world is really hungry for digital currency, and what they want is a USD stablecoin global currency.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:23 PM
Banned

I dunno, I'm not an expert but I would presume the majority of people just want personal safety and security for themselves and their families. If crypto gets them that then sure why not.

I saw this, not sure if I trust it, but I also don't trust techbro hype so... wait and see I guess. I am sure there are other examples. I've paid for things in crypto before, but it wasn't out of necessity.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/05/-in-...th-tether.html
Old 11-10-2022, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Jesus christ.

"ths guy wants change for a dollar, do you have any?"

"i DuNnno I am NOt an ExpeRTb but I pResuME whAt PeopLe ActAullAy WanT is SafTey AnD sEcuRity"

wtf https://youtu.be/Wk61MeDmk2M?t=135
Old 11-10-2022, 01:30 PM
Banned

You are being unusually hostile. I guess it's not acceptable not to take a firm stance either way. One can be skeptical of banks, crypto, and news companies. It is okay.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:26 PM
Kobold

BTC bottoming out at 10k, ETH at 700, and the cycle repeats anew.

We're almost approaching the best time to buy, a.k.a. peak doubt and hate from seething jealous FOMOers on this forum
Old 11-10-2022, 02:42 PM
Banned

Sorry you got scammed too buddy
Old 11-10-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTC bottoming out at 10k, ETH at 700, and the cycle repeats anew.

We're almost approaching the best time to buy, a.k.a. peak doubt and hate from seething jealous FOMOers on this forum
BTC is unlikely to break $13.5k, and if so, not for very long. Too much money sitting on the sidelines willing to buy at bottom-barrel pricing.

Most people:
  1. Don't get the value of BTC. They don't understand the problem it solves, and most that do, don't understand how BTC does it.
  2. Don't understand the BTC price cycle or the Fed-led boom-bust cycle
  3. Don't have the intellectual understanding (see points 1 + 2) or moral fortitude to hold through 80% drawdowns, even if the price will 10-100x again

This is why most people are crypto-broke. They either buy dog coins; buy high + sell low; or sit it out in confusion, jealousy, or unawareness.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MSNBC spent the morning talking about (with ETH founder too and he reiterated it) that the world is really hungry for digital currency, and what they want is a USD stablecoin global currency.
What's even the difference between a USD stablecoin and the dollar? It's not like actual paper money is exchanged. I keep hearing about making a digital coin as the new U.S. currency but don't see the point?

I'm glad to see bitcoin drop. Bitcoin mining is actually pretty bad for the environment. I think Ethereum can't be mined anymore so that's a giant step in the right direction but all these crypto mining operations are a major draw on electricity and that's not what we need now. We need the opposite.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 11-10-2022 at 02:59 PM..
Old 11-10-2022, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

In a thread titled "If you didn't buy BTC at $40,000" OP out here railing that people are too dumb to understand why the $15k fake coin is going to go back up.

These forums DELIVER.
Old 11-10-2022, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I had won that powerball jackpot, one of the things I would do is start up the opposite of an advertising agency. I would make anti-ads and I would have a ball with it.

So, yeah, super rich newspaper heir needs a hobby too!
I love this idea. Buy add space and just put images on it of nature or something? Maybe just solid colors.