Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 04:33 AM
Large Rat

Default Should I play this server?

Hello there. I have never played Everquest but have Always heard much about it. I have been looking for an mmo with a really good community and guild system. I could care less about the graphics just as long as the gameplay is good. Should I give this game a try?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:35 AM
Sarnak

YESSS welcome to the party. i joined earlier this year and this is the best eq server where all ur eq dreams come truuuuuuuuuuuuuuue.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:36 AM
Sarnak

Its a great place to be... The end game raiders are a bit childish but the path to max level is where the true fun is and you will encounter alot of great people along the way.

red cape, check.

logging in
Old 04-28-2014, 04:38 AM
Large Rat

Okay. I was kinda worried about joining since I have never played EQ before but it seems like this game is a lot of fun and I am excited to join. n_n
Old 04-28-2014, 05:22 AM
Fire Giant

Don't be afraid to ask questions too! People will be patient if they are aware that you are totally new to EQ , don't hesitate to send me a tell in game if you want some information !

Welcome and enjoy the game many of us have done for 15 years
Old 04-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

It will take you at least a month to learn the basics. Don't get frustrated, you will die many times. /camp is how you log off.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Yes.
Just be aware classic Everquest is brutal in many ways. Dying comes with a real cost: you will lose xp and have to go get your corpse from where you died. I think this aspect is great as you feel accomplished when you evade death. Also Traveling requires actual journey. Only wizards and Druids are able to port to a variety of locations ( although at lvl 29 onward they can take others with them).

Guilds take a range of sizes and goals. You can read about sone of them in guild discussion forum here, but in wouldn't worry about this right off. Try to group and make friends and decide about a guild later.

Take a look at p99 wiki. Ask questions in starting zone forum. People are knowledgable and helpful here.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Best advice I can give is to take it very, VERY slow, and be very, VERY aware of your surroundings.

Always be rotating your camera around, looking at everything around you as you go from place to place. Learn to identify things by landmarks, as there is no in game map. Most places have roads/paths, stick to them until you know the lay of the land around you.

The most dangerous thing you'll most likely do its travel from place to place. The worst feeling in the world is dying before you can get a /loc off, and having NO idea where you were. The further away from landmarks/roads you get, the more careful you have to be.

Learning to use /loc is going to be incredibly important. EQ maps are laid out in a coordinate grid with x/y coords. Typing /loc will give you your x/y location, such as "-123.5, 2021.8". You can spam that command as you move to locate specific locations(moving north will increase Y coordinates, south will decrease Y, and west will increase X while east will decrease X coordinate). The maps available online are also laid out on top of the grid, so that you can find where you are by checking your /loc, and then referencing that point on the map,.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amieko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been looking for an mmo with a really good community
The p99 community is probably the best community out of any game I've ever played. EQ is old, so the average age here is much higher than your typical online game. As a whole, the community is very helpful, interactive, social, and mature. Most people you meet will be interested in giving you advice or gear. Maybe chatting it up a bit and telling you about their classic horror stories. The community's involvement is high as evident by the forums being very active with people's opinions on the game they fell in love with once upon a time. EQ is a grind and everyone here is in it together, and that's one of the things that brings the community together.

Sure, there's a few sadists and and neckbeards who care way too much about the game, but that's the same with any game really. You just get less of them around here, despite what some people may think after reading RnF.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amieko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello there. I have never played Everquest but....
The game has a very steep learning curve, think along the lines of Eve Online.

Don't become disheartend, ask people how to do things. People will offer advice at lower levels, ask for tips from max level people of your class -- double check that information also. You're always welcome to message me in game or here on the forum with any questions you have.
Closed Thread