Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-31-2023, 08:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see anything wrong with this. So long as the high lvl (55+) isnt KSing. One of the coolest parts about EQ is taking your high lvl badass back to lower lvl content to reign king. It feels good crushing the mobs that once gave you a hard time. If there is phat lewt to be had even better!

I'll never understand the mentality of some people that expect other people to play and view the game the exact same way that they do.

Sorry that other people enjoy playing the game in different ways than you deem 'appropriate'
No need to apologize, OP is just a mad loser.
Old 10-31-2023, 09:10 PM
Banned

Op never said not to go mining like an actual goblin. They stipulated driving out level appropriate groups from level appropriate content.

On p99 most shitlords will zone in to see a group actively exping there then cast a fear spell and run from zone to zone training said group and pulling all of their mobs instead of like... going 1 room over and fighting towards another zone line. This is the new meta and #1 reason I will never level a toon on a p99 server again.

You can fraps it and name and shame all you want it doesn't matter.

You don't give a shit anymore about server health or other players and those that do left to go play with more chill communities where the mods will back them up. Or moved on from this petty bullshit because as fun as EQ is its not worth dealing with these people.

You are killing your server (the players who support said behaviors and rules that allow this bullshit). The devs/staff need to change the rules and do something about the habitual offenders if they care at all anymore. #1 rule should be help your fellow players out and be cool. Red99 is the server you belong on if you want to grief newbies off the server. Excepting 99% of the toxic wretches left on green99 at least aren't even good enough to do that within the context of the game mechanics itself without resorting to lawyering and hiding behind lvl 60s and KS-FTE rules.

Imo. Super sad to see the game die butt its always inevitable and won't recover if at all until the pop crashes and the servers become ghost towns like red99 anyway. As rough as the moderation is on the TLPs. Servers like Oakwynd are a million x better to play on.

You will see another post like OPs in the future because none of you have the capacity to even do the right thing and let newbies have a few mobs in peace and safety. No one said to give them the entire zone.
Old 11-01-2023, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Op never said not to go mining like an actual goblin. They stipulated driving out level appropriate groups from level appropriate content.

On p99 most shitlords will zone in to see a group actively exping there then cast a fear spell and run from zone to zone training said group and pulling all of their mobs instead of like... going 1 room over and fighting towards another zone line. This is the new meta and #1 reason I will never level a toon on a p99 server again.

You can fraps it and name and shame all you want it doesn't matter.

You don't give a shit anymore about server health or other players and those that do left to go play with more chill communities where the mods will back them up. Or moved on from this petty bullshit because as fun as EQ is its not worth dealing with these people.

You are killing your server (the players who support said behaviors and rules that allow this bullshit). The devs/staff need to change the rules and do something about the habitual offenders if they care at all anymore. #1 rule should be help your fellow players out and be cool. Red99 is the server you belong on if you want to grief newbies off the server. Excepting 99% of the toxic wretches left on green99 at least aren't even good enough to do that within the context of the game mechanics itself without resorting to lawyering and hiding behind lvl 60s and KS-FTE rules.

Imo. Super sad to see the game die butt its always inevitable and won't recover if at all until the pop crashes and the servers become ghost towns like red99 anyway. As rough as the moderation is on the TLPs. Servers like Oakwynd are a million x better to play on.

You will see another post like OPs in the future because none of you have the capacity to even do the right thing and let newbies have a few mobs in peace and safety. No one said to give them the entire zone.
I'd argue this take right here is whats ruining the server. See, your idea that a higher lvl person showing up to a lower level zone is now 'driving out level appropriate groups from level appropriate content' suggesting that somehow these people should have some kind of special privileges or something? No. That's not how EQ works or has ever worked. If you wanna kill mobs, kill mobs. Obviously don't be a dick about ksing ppl or groups, but someone shouldn't have to leave a zone just because you decided they're outleveled for it and therefore deserve to be there less or something.

It's like you talk like what you're suggesting is the obvious 'unselfish, kind and mature' route to be taking, and yet you're totally unaware how fucking rude it is to be telling someone else what zones they're allowed to kill fantasy monsters in. It's totally ridiculous. If a high lvl comes in and kills in the zone you're in, pick a new one. Or send them a tell and actually communicate instead of running to the forums to cry like a whiney child.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-01-2023, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

The take was learn to share, not let low levels drive out high levels. Lol.

Also I’m hearing of lvl 50s driving newbs from CB TR on PQ. Not sure how true - not seen for myself.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-01-2023, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

You guys are actually fucked. Magnet made some brilliant points (apart from finding jebus, da debil etc) and you twist the words to make them sound righteous. No wonder nobody likes p99 for lvling toons like da old days.
If I encountered a douche canoe 50+ in a plat farming zone where im xping lvl appropriate toons I'd just leave. You expect to keep all ore lootz from sola? Unless you there first get fucked. There first? Based on this and depending on the character im prolly porting to somewhere else.

TL;DR You guys are fucked.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The take was learn to share, not let low levels drive out high levels. Lol.

Also I’m hearing of lvl 50s driving newbs from CB TR on PQ. Not sure how true - not seen for myself.
PQ rules clearly state the 50 has to take turns with the newbz grp. I'm sure ppl break the rules butt at least they are there.

The Dwarven ring mail is suuuuper desirable tho for sure. No reason a 50 couldn't camp that mob. Butt still would be a real shitlord move to keep the mob locked down while you farmed it for a month just to bank tunics. Also pretty mentally ill. Unless the TR was pretty vacant and u where a lvl 35 rogue maybe butt...

I have personally camped and PvP'd CB TR on red for like 1-3 days just to get the drops to use on a high lvl so I'm not saying it's wrong. Butt at some point it's time to move on. Not keep a toon tabbed open there or camped for days and days or whatever.

If it was me at lvl 50 and I highly desired the item I'd just make a deal with the newbies. They keep the camp and I help out and get to roll in the item. Likely at 50 even with shit tier gear on a rogue u can afford to buy the drop outright.

Now on PQ I could see a self found ruleset char taking a camp for an item for a bit. Or a single mob like that.

Let me also tell you when I played on green 99 last about a year ago I took a group to the Warren's and we where camping the king. We constantly had high lvls log in every 40 minutes or so and roll through our spawns with the whole dungeon in tow just for faction and one particular druid who saw us stopped their train directly on top of the king spawn just to be an ass. They would wipe us here too and as soon as they cleared they would just log out until they felt like doing it again.

Let me tell you. Back in 99 these people would have been driven off the server. They would have been reported so many times by so many different people they would have eaten suspensions and bans.

And most of all when I logged into the warrens at lvl 14 during luclin expansion and there was a high lvl ranger pling their friends they would say hello to you and toss a few buffs your way and move their group a little for you. There's like literally over 200 spawns in there. We both could share the zone and even with buffs I could take 10 spawns to exp on without hurting the high lvls rate of factioning.

On p99 there's just simply no consideration for eachother at all and you guys treat eachother like NPCs. We don't need an evil chatGPT to destroy society and culture we are doing it just fine ourselves.

If the truth hurts you gotta scream "abuse abuse someone is trying to control my lvl 60 character"... you definitely need to seek sunshine and grass and some loving and kindness meditations. You are definitely the problem. It's not my problem. I am a good person. Excellent player. And I don't "need" anything or even your attitude to shift. Like I said if you're using EQ to masturbate your EGO... I will just leave. I got plenty of other places to be and things to do. It's you're loss when other good hearted ppl quit and leave you to rott in your own pixilated hell of your own making.

I don't fucking post for my own benefits lol. Certainly not about p99. You can thank me later when you see the light. A simple kind thought will do. Butt it's certainly not required! Pity the fool who thinks they are always in the right...

G-d bless you and G-d bless p99 and America.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:29 AM
Banned

That ranger scenario I mentioned I think we talked for a bit and I got in their guild for awhile. That was decades ago...

Evia is right about 1 thing at least try to talk to ppl first before screeching like a child. A lot of ppl are reticent to do that tho because the minute you say "hello, I have been exping here and would like to continue doing so." A lot of ppl on p99 get really shitty and abusive in tells just from saying something simple and kind like that.

That druid I mentioned earlier from the Warren's. I tried to strike up a friendly conversation and they called me a bitch and said get fucked this is my zone.

Guess what. That was the last time I logged into p99.
I didn't bitch about it to my friends or run crying to my mom or make a big ass forum post. I just went and played some minecraft. I hope that druid is doing well and is a less shitty person. And feeling better.

Butt you know what it's not worth my time to become a mid or GM here and to punish these people. And it's not important enough that I get help running a server. It's just not that big a deal to me to take a page from the shitlords Bible of "I Don't care you mean nothing to me". Let me reiterate that when players behave this way it's self harm. I'm doing you a kindness pointing out the reality and sharing some anecdotes from my years of everquest. I've learned that these interactions are simply just a fact of life. The truth is we all deserve better and no one should be simply called a whiner or told to sit down and shut up and take it. Step #1 towards recovery is acknowledgement and #2 is speaking up with a powerfully effective voice.

This is the best you get. At least from me.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:35 AM
Banned

I would also like to be clear when I enacted evias advice on p99 I was always polite and short to the point. And didn't curse or engage in the /tells screaming matches. Most times people where polite. Butt there are enough monsters allowed to fester on p99 1/3rd of the times the words coming out of people are telling me they are simply lost to the world and are going to harm themselves and others. Plz dial 988 b4 u do anything.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are actually fucked. Magnet made some brilliant points (apart from finding jebus, da debil etc) and you twist the words to make them sound righteous. No wonder nobody likes p99 for lvling toons like da old days.
If I encountered a douche canoe 50+ in a plat farming zone where im xping lvl appropriate toons I'd just leave. You expect to keep all ore lootz from sola? Unless you there first get fucked. There first? Based on this and depending on the character im prolly porting to somewhere else.

TL;DR You guys are fucked.
Yeah brilliant points except, you know, the one where they acted like higher levels come into dungeons all the time and train every single mob in the zone onto a low level group. I've never had that happen once on P99. I have had the occasional annoying higher level player depending on the dungeon, but never once have I had the insanity that magnetaress is describing (not surprise though, since that person is fucking insane regardless and has recently decided they no longer like P99).

You know you have issues when you start saying magnetaress is making good points lol. Maybe seek some professional help as a result.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:53 AM
Banned

It's possible that we have had entirely different experiences cd288.

Calling me a liar and an insane person (insane is fair, liar is not)...doesn't change the fact that it happens.

It probably is a bit more of a problem outside of prime time. Because the said bad examples usually avoid prime time because they can't compete with or train multiple groups.

Anyway it doesn't need to happen every day. Just enough times that a mom who got a grp for 2 hrs in the am after getting kids to the buss stop quits. Because there's definitely better things to do as a mom.

P99 needs it's moms tho. The vibes and energy r v vad u cannot deny it. P99 in its death throes!