Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocaevia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this still working? I followed all of the instructions and I go to load it and nothing happens. Wineskin loads but nothing comes on the screen and I end up having to force quit the application.
Which wrapper/set of instructions did you use? Have you tried updating the engine?
Old 12-31-2013, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So my sky has turned to be black with a purple sun 24/7. Any idea how to fix this?

http://vilesyntax.com/Resources.zip
Old 01-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Skeleton

Has anyone experienced instant disconnects when using mac/wine?

No lag or packet loss just an immediate black screen that reads "You have been disconnected"

Never happens on my PC so I don't think it is an isp/router issue

Happens every few hours pretty regularly, turned off firewall, not sure what's wrong
Last edited by Auronis; 01-01-2014 at 06:39 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Yes, turn off "set date and time automatically" in your clock's settings. The time change, when it updates, immediately disconnects you for some reason.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Skeleton

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, turn off "set date and time automatically" in your clock's settings. The time change, when it updates, immediately disconnects you for some reason.
Thanks so much for your reply Zapatos! Can you specify which setting? I'm turning off both to test it but wanted to clarify.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

or (looks like this is the one)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I got kicked well over 10 times yesterday! Definitely owe you a beer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Auronis; 01-02-2014 at 06:37 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

It's the latter, "set date and time automatically". Turn that off, assuming you're getting messages in your mac console are similar to:

11:27:54.220 PM com.apple.time[141]: Interval maximum value is 946100000 seconds (specified value: 9223372036854775807).

When this happens in game:

2013-09-08 23:27:54 YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED.

Why does this happen? I haven't a clue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which wrapper/set of instructions did you use? Have you tried updating the engine?
I'm using Wrapper 2.5.12 and it says it's the most up to date.

EDIT: Got it working
Last edited by Ocaevia; 01-03-2014 at 04:03 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 03:21 AM
Orc

This is my first post, so hello to all!

So, I've tried to install EQ a few times on my Mini running Mavericks 10.9.1, and I'm having the darndest time.

First of all, I haven't had any success with the Project 1999 Wrapper provided for download on the first page of this thread. There's an error when using the Wineskin when I try to install new software (the error pops up after selecting to install new software).

Then next, I attempted to use the Project 1999 Wrapper V2 that was posted back in this thread and although I was able to install the software, I was not able to load the game. The Project 1999 icon would bobble a few times on my dock, and then quickly disappear.

Finally, I followed Bandito's Youtube tutorial and low and behold when I created a new wrapper it allowed me to install new software. In the end, I just couldn't open the wrapper, it would provide me with another error saying something like "Cannot open the application. -10810"

Anyone?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Kobold

So...tried this with Mavericks and i'm having some trouble...just about everything works, except i don't see any char or npc models...just their names and no bodies...any help?
Old 01-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So...tried this with Mavericks and i'm having some trouble...just about everything works, except i don't see any char or npc models...just their names and no bodies...any help?
I believe I had to go into Wineskin->Advanced->Tools->Winetricks and select "glsl=disabled", "d3dx9" and "core" (in Fonts) for the game to load and display character models correctly.