Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

I am equally weary of religious people who eagerly make themselves look victimized whenever their faith is opposed. You'll notice that I did not insult religious people, I only question the validity of any proof to the existence of any god. I do not equate belief in God to belief in Santa Claus, but I equate alleged sightings of divine manifestation to reported sightings of UFOs and the like: usually wildly unbelievable and literally never confirmed.

Virtually every defining aspect of Christianity is appropriated wholesale from other religions that far predate it. This is the main reason why I find it difficult to believe.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Discuss.
I feel a little bit dumber having clicked on such a retarded thread. God doesn't believe in fantasy violence so your all going to hell.. Case closed
Old 10-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Orc

A couple of things...

You talk about beliefs and proof that something exists, yet you sit here from a computer and "talk" to people you have never seen, touched, etc. Just an observation...

Also, when the end of days come, and we all are confirmed this answer, would you not rather believe in God and chance that He might not be real, or don't believe in God and chance that He is real.

If my believing in God is a farce and there is no greater being, visceral or not, then I would have still lived a good life.

If, however, I live my life believing there is no God, and my end comes only for me to find out that there is, well...welcome to hell?

I don't understand people's need and desire to disprove something to everyone just for the kicks of it. This thread is not a rant, flame, etc...
Old 10-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't have to believe in any supreme being. What I find interesting is how often people who don't believe (atheists) feel the need to reduce people of faith to little more than child-like minds that believe in the Easter bunny or Santa Claus.
Whats the difference?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Aviak

Althought I don't believe in a deity in any sense that would qualify it to become "God"; I am fairly confident that if there is one out there (or many..):

Take the majority of religions out there (minus the few truly nutcase ones), keep everything they have in common. Disreguard everything they disagree upon.

That's what "God" wants...
Branlenio Sprocketmender <Disciples of the Gods> -- Gnome Magician
Amahn <Disciples of the Gods> -- Wood Elf Druid
Alhbie Eurhuckelberry -- Erudite Paladin
Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats the difference?
2 of the 3 were designed as exploitatives to make money... and the easter bunny just flat out exists.

The existence of god never bothered me, the idea of organised religion does, because essentially you're just believing what someone else is telling you. Man is fallible, god is infallible, but if a man tells you god exists you should take it as gospel.

And to the person who uneloquently quoted Pascal's wager... i'd like to think that a supreme being had a bit of a better screening process for allowing people to enter heaven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 10-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't have to believe in any supreme being. What I find interesting is how often people who don't believe (atheists) feel the need to reduce people of faith to little more than child-like minds that believe in the Easter bunny or Santa Claus.

There are plenty of extremely intelligent human beings (by scientific measure) that have concluded that there most be some supreme being/creator. To dismiss them is to conveniently ignore that that overwhelming majority of the human race also believes in some type of faith system.

You don't have to believe in anything. But, to dismiss the majority of the human race and some of its most intelligent and gifted members in a single sentence or two is the real act of ignorance.

I don't want to publicly discuss this anymore, because I do not want to reduce my faith in Christ to a side-show designed by a troll on the rants and flames boards. If anyone, however, has a real question of faith or curiosity about what it is all about PM me and I will get back to you.

^ This.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Banned

Two links for two fallacies, caveman. Let's talk about the lack of evidence in support of organized religion and not who and how many people buy into this nonsense.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Aviak

LOL I know it constatly changes but why is there an ad for scientology at the bottom of this thread lol
at least thats what i see.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Orc

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread