Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 04:06 AM
Skeleton

Wink looking for devs - EQOA : Revival

i'm probably an ass for advertising this project too much,
but it does mean alot to me. many of you never played, many of you didn't even know this bloody game even existed lol.

EverQuest Online Adventures, for the PS2:
launched Feb 11th, 2003, got shut down Mar 29th, 2012.

the last 4 years, this team made some interesting progress. we broke walls, made hacked savestates, analysing packets ect ect.

but this team is only a handful of people, soon we will have a working prototype server, but it's only going to do so much. we could REALLY use more devs.

alot of devs give a pass on this project, but you gotta understand, that at this point, +1 dev can make a massive difference for the team. we want YOU!

so this is really a huge call, to any programmers out there, who can help in this quest. please don't ignore this project, please. honestly lol. i've even made an unofficial saying at this point:

EQOA: Revival - "Please fucking help us. <3"

[LINKS]

Official developer facebook for EQOA: Revival - https://www.facebook.com/groups/4451...?ref=bookmarks

Community facebook for EQOA - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ever...lineAdventure/
Old 05-26-2016, 07:04 AM
Orc

I can offer no help, but I hope someone can and will offer some assistance. Everquest Online Adventures was my first MMORPG and I miss it dearly.

Reading about your progress for a few years now makes me miss it more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Good to hear about a prototype server coming along [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Any insight as to we can see someone running around Norrath again that's not a savestate? Can't wait to see more updates.

Knowledgeable people, please help bring back this game. It was and will again be an awesome MMO.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

get something other than facebook for communication imo
Old 05-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Aviak

You should be posting on the EQEmulator.net forums, since that is where people who would actually be able to help would be.

Posting here is like asking for help designing a car from scratch on a Honda Civic forum, instead of asking for help on an automotive engineer forum.

Also, I would suggest skipping the python prototype and directly go to writing it in C++, using the exact same environment as the the EQ server emulator. EQOA and EQ itself were vaugely written by the same people, so I imagine that the EQ server emulator has most of what you would need.
Last edited by Izzni; 05-26-2016 at 09:11 AM..
Old 05-26-2016, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

You're not allowed to post this outside of off topic.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

It's not time to slay the dragon yet.
Closed Thread