Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 11:42 AM
Large Rat

Default New to p99. Need some advice.

Hello all, im new to p99 and so far I’m loving it. The community is great and so helpful.

I started a dark elf enchanter and I love it. My only question is. I did not choose agnostic and I read because of that my illusions will not work since I worship Innoruuk.

I’m currently lvl 9. I’m thinking should I re-roll? Start over? Or does the religion really not make a big difference in the end?

I really don’t want to restart but if it’s something I need to do I will.

Let me know what your opinion is please.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's probably for the best that you re-roll. In general, if you can, it seems that for casters it's best to roll Agnostic. I believe that illusions are faction modifiers, so it'll only help change your faction somewhat.

To quote Loraen's guide:

Quote:
The safest bet is Agnostic. Illusion can conceal your race, but somehow all NPCs are able to divine your religious preferences regardless. Worshipers of evil gods may be killed in good cities regardless of their illusion and vice versa.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

You could possibly faction your way out of it.

Think in terms of where an Innoruuk deity choice is going to cause trouble though and is it worth the reroll?

Freeport tolerates Innoruuk humans so that'll be fine there, which leaves...

Qeynos
Halas
Rivervale

Erudin (possibly)

Kaladim
Kelethin
Felwithe
Ak'Anon

Cabilis (possibly not with Iksar illusion)

...for the record you can invis/wall bank in Felwithe on Faydwer, and its easy to faction up Erudin/Paineel in the Warrens.

I probably would check some of those cities out in the native illusion and see how it looks.

As a marker, a Cazic Thule worshipping Erudite cleric is fine in North Freeport's cleric guild.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:18 AM
Skeleton

Reroll, it’s one of the few things you can regret all the way to 60 and not fix with gear
Old 01-22-2019, 03:34 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Validar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m currently lvl 9. I’m thinking should I re-roll? Start over? Or does the religion really not make a big difference in the end?
First, welcome! I recently joined as well, it's been a blast so far.

So yeah, re-roll. There was one suggestion that you could faction out of it, factioning out of it would take longer than re-leveling to level 9 as you are now.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:37 AM
Fire Giant

Re-roll
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 01-22-2019, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

Faction is fairly pointless I wouldn't worry. But if you are only lvl 9 that's not too much of a hurdle to re roll.

My iksar necro is hated in every city but Cabalis and it doesn't matter at all or inhibit me in any meaningful way.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-22-2019, 05:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Faction is fairly pointless I wouldn't worry
It's important for several enchanter quests which involve traveling / talking to people in different cities.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:51 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Faction is fairly pointless I wouldn't worry. But if you are only lvl 9 that's not too much of a hurdle to re roll.

My iksar necro is hated in every city but Cabalis and it doesn't matter at all or inhibit me in any meaningful way.
Haha comparing a necromancer to an enchanter is night and day. A diety KOS chanter negates half of the usefulness of being an enchanter, not to mention the quests as previously mentioned.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:27 AM
Large Rat

Thank you all for the advice. It makes me cry but I guess I will re roll. I don’t plan on going anywhere and I’m having a blast on p99. I don’t want a simple mistake in the beginning give me a negative experience later in the game.

My next question is. I have had a few really nice people give me a few things. The community is amazing on p99. How do I get the gear and plat from my old toon to my new one???
Closed Thread