Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest raiding wasn't designed to be competitive. You're literally an insane person if you actually believe that
I'm not sure any of us are really in a position to say that. We can look at the original white papers and draw our own conclusions, but irrespective of "what it was designed to be," you can look at all of the mechanics and come to only one conclusion: irrespective of intent, people were always going to compete for the scarce resources in this game from day one.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:40 AM
Aviak

I would like a full inquiry opened up on Furoars. Let me submit Exhibit A:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2022, 10:42 AM
Aviak

Old 02-11-2022, 11:01 AM
Kobold

Competition in live meant the hardcore players were ahead of the level/gear/content curve, not competing for the same targets with equal forces. I think this server's bizzaro esport everquest is fine for an obscure emulated ruleset. But deleting 10% of the velious content (warders) was obviously a detriment to that. But quakes and the draft are nice.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like a full inquiry opened up on Furoars. Let me submit Exhibit A:

You mean the guy that was banned from wow for scripting? Yeah. Me too.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:21 PM
Kobold

How is Furoar still allowed to play here ?

O yeah I remember now $$$$$
Old 02-11-2022, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine having a forum signature where you complain about what's "Classic" while most of those things have been this way for 13 years of Project 1999, an emulated server for a game that is old enough to rent a car.

And then having the audacity to pose a question if the other people on this nerd forum has touched grass. Mother fucker, have YOU touched grass?
"Things have been toxic and bad for a VERY LONG TIME so we shouldn't do anything to try to fix it" - You

I touched grass today (technically snow unfortunately). I check this forum maybe 10 minutes out of my day. I was entirely absent from this forum for years prior to a few weeks ago. You've probably spent more time engaging in the mental illness olympics of this servers endgame this week than I've spent time thinking about this server in the past year. Not that any of this is relevant really but you brought it up so there ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one is forcing you to play on p99
I don't play p99 currently. Largely because of exactly the kind of shit that spawned this monstrosity of a thread. That and having my main account perma banned for questionable reasons but that's besides the point. I have another account I could play but the amount of toxicity and stupidity that continues to dominate the endgame here isn't something I can justify dealing with at this point in my life. I wish it was different so I could jump back in. For some reason there's a group of folks that continue to defend this dumpster fire of a endgame system and the folks in charge either don't seem to care or for some reason enjoy things the way that they are. Historically they've hidden behind "Shits classic yo" excuses when they make unpopular decisions or changes. In this case they purposefully make blatantly not classic changes to allow a disgustingly toxic endgame to continue. Very puzzling to me and it should be to everyone.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't play, how do you know P99 is toxic? The forums are honestly much different from playing in game.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't play p99 currently. Largely because of exactly the kind of shit that spawned this monstrosity of a thread. That and having my main account perma banned for questionable reasons but that's besides the point. I have another account I could play but the amount of toxicity and stupidity that continues to dominate the endgame here isn't something I can justify dealing with at this point in my life. I wish it was different so I could jump back in. For some reason there's a group of folks that continue to defend this dumpster fire of a endgame system and the folks in charge either don't seem to care or for some reason enjoy things the way that they are. Historically they've hidden behind "Shits classic yo" excuses when they make unpopular decisions or changes. In this case they purposefully make blatantly not classic changes to allow a disgustingly toxic endgame to continue. Very puzzling to me and it should be to everyone.
yup nice going

you just discredited yourself

also saying that classic eq is not competitive is halarious. everything literally

spawns in real time, forcing players to fight over scarce amount of mobs

and the only way to get perma banned on p99 is if you are toxic as shit, you box, or

RMT

so im gonna take everything you say for a grain of salt
Old 02-11-2022, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yup nice going

you just discredited yourself

also saying that classic eq is not competitive is halarious. everything literally

spawns in real time, forcing players to fight over scarce amount of mobs

and the only way to get perma banned on p99 is if you are toxic as shit, you box, or

RMT

so im gonna take everything you say for a grain of salt
Classic EQ wasn't competitive. Hope this helps.

90%+ servers had a single guild at the top gobbling up all the raid content they wanted and everything they didn't want went to random guilds who just happened to find mobs up. No one tracked things, very few guilds or people had timers going for raid mobs. There was no fighting over mobs.
Closed Thread