Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-06-2022, 09:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Game Freezing When Resizing Windows

Whenever I try to resize my chat windows in-game, the screen freezes on me. I have to then crtl-alt-del and sign out.

I then reboot my PC and re start the game. Everything else runs fine, despite the issue of server crashing when I camp a character and have to load the game again.

I try to keep my chat windows tailored to the type of mode I am in, soloing, or grouping. When I solo, I like to have the guild chat window so its not so lonely. When I group, I like to minimize the guildchat window, and enlarge the group window so that I can focus entirely on being the best in the group that I can be - no distractions from people selling stuff and guild chatter.

So I move my windows around a lot. This works well for me, but not if I freeze up every time I do it.

I have been playing for several months now, and it seemed to have just started to do it in the past couple weeks. Is/was there a new patch I didnt know about? Could a recent windows update have done this to me? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm on Green server, but not sure if that adds anything to this problem. I am not on winEQ or anything extra outside of the P99 install. Its been running great until a couple weeks ago. For what its worth, I am running Win10, and a gaming PC thats about 5 years old, no prior issues at all.

Can anyone offer some advice?
Old 02-18-2022, 10:26 PM
Aviak

When you are resizing you need to make sure that you never make them vertically or horizontally too small. The second they reach a certain point the game will instantly freeze, even if you don’t let go of the mouse button.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Yes i also have facing the same problem when i am resizing the game.