Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-15-2016, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Default Fix for classic female wood elf plate helm

If you've installed the higher quality character textures pack (Project 1: Realistic but better clarity), which is awesome, you may have noticed your classic female wood elf plate helm's visor is no longer transparent. I'm not exactly sure why this is - it might have something to do with the larger dimensions of the higher quality texture bitmap - but in any case, I've created a fix for it which basically just reverts that one helm graphic back to the original, while keeping all of the other texture improvements included in the HQ character texture pack.

Before: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] After: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How to install:
(Disclaimer: this is only for those who've installed the "Realistic but better clarity" HQ character textures - if you don't use these, you don't need this fix!)

Download and extract to your EverQuest directory, and select overwrite: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...global_chr.rar
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 10-15-2016 at 06:43 AM..
Old 10-19-2016, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

New link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...hr_helmfix.rar

Better before & after:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So you lose a little bit of texture, but it's not very noticeable.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:09 PM
Large Rat

Hey thanks for uploading this btw. I like the "broken" look because it makes them look a little more intimidating (and as though they wouldn't catch an arrow in the eye), but the fact that you fixed it for people who want it is really cool. Also I love your movies!
Old 07-27-2017, 02:32 AM
Kobold

Hey paulgiamatti, can you reupload this one? Noticed it is no longer on dropbox. Unless your updated transparency fixer works on it in which case nevermind.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:54 PM
Orc

File not found , Thanks for all you hard work paul.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

This is fixed in our new release of EQ Classic HD textures. It turns out that back in classic EQ, the eye portion of the helm was transparent, while the lower part was still black. This was due to the fact that the gnome chain helm model also uses the same texture on the top portion of the helm, and if the lower part of the texture was transparent then it would create a hole in the helm model:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So with a bit of Photoshop trickery I modified the helm texture so that the lower half is completely covered, and it only has an eye slot: