Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 06:38 AM
Sarnak

Default Why you like Blue server over Green?

Lately I saw several players made a statement, that Blue server is better.

As someone, new to this game, new to P99, I'm just curious, why? I saw more players logged on Green, so I created my 3 toons there. But before I invest too much time on it, if Blue is better, I may check it out also.

All I know so far is, Blue is more liberal with UI's and you can load player's custom made UI. This is appealing. Any other reason? I heard a lot that Blue is only testing server for Green.

Expansions (Velious, Luclin...) if that is the reason, in my case is not important.

Will/could number of players on Blue keep decreasing? This wouldn't be appealing to me.

I have read, since server is old some 10 years, economy is of course different, but don't quite understand implications of this. Items are cheaper and easier to get?

And last but maybe the most important question for me: is Blue better only for seasoned players, because they already have all the gear or would it be beneficial for fresh new players also?

Tl;Dr - Why is Blue better?
Last edited by pivo; 05-10-2020 at 06:46 AM..
Old 05-10-2020, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

Much more diverse raid content.

More zones to explore.

Some appreciable class fixes.

Better twinks to group with.

Better twink items for sale.

Less crowded levelling.

Server scum are better sumped away from general play.

Static server at the end of timeline -everything is already ‘unlocked’.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:33 AM
Kobold

Community is much more toxic on green. Thats kinda what turned me off about green. I have a 50 mage there tho. But no longer play it.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:22 AM
Orc

No Dark men of Odus on blue.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

I spend time on both servers, have a nice stable of characters on both.

The biggest difference and problem is that on blue the ability to get pick-up-groups at low through mid levels has been severely impacted by the launch of green. If you want to play a group centered class, or are just the kind of person who likes to go to the hot leveling zones and say "LFG" rather than solo, then you will have more options on green from 1 to 50.

But if you want to solo mostly then there are real benefits to blue. Lower population and two expansions means more possibility to get a solo camp for yourself. And then you have a thriving end game population to hang out with at 51 to 60.

Blue's current population is very top heavy with higher level characters and many people here just spend a ton of money twinking the hell out of any class they want as an alt and solo to 50, even rogues and warriors. The economy can look imposing but there's great gear for a newbie which is much much cheaper than on green and some stuff that is dirt cheap on blue would blow away any gear you can find on green.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Better itemization is a big one for me. Gear in classic is boring especially for melees.

More to explore.

Less crowded

Less toxicity.

Better UI options.

Characters I'm attached to after 6 years of playing them.

I actually played classic and remember what it was like having 70+ people in Lower Guk.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:52 AM
Orc

Because who wants to restart/level another character after 7+ years of playing, not knowing what will happen to their Green character once the Green timeline is finished?
Old 05-10-2020, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathusurper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Because who wants to restart/level another character after 7+ years of playing, not knowing what will happen to their Green character once the Green timeline is finished?
Your Green character will turn Blue
Old 05-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

I am really considering just going back to Blue. I’ve had some fun getting to the mid levels on Green, but it feels claustrophobic. Will my character get an Epic? Hell no. Only the neckbeardiest will before Green recycles. So why not go back to hanging out with pals on Blue..
Old 05-10-2020, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

Almost every camp I want on blue is open. I don't want to argue with some raging nerd over who has the right to kill gnolls 5 through 9
Closed Thread