Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2021, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cool post. Green is the farthest I've gone into Velious content. Did Velketor for the first time and saw this underground ice forest on the way. Game still blowing me away.
There's an underground forest?!
Old 08-25-2021, 12:07 PM
Kobold

I feel the same when near one of the steamers in Steamfont Mountains...
It was also the zone that taught me how to spell mountain.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:43 PM
Banned

Yeah I also first started playing everquest in Halas\Everfrost as a barb shaman. It was sooooooo damn cool seeing all the other barbs running around, grouping and figuring out the game. Slowly accumulating platinum, being excited when a mob dropped a backpack. Slowly filling out slots with leather and then banded pieces. Sighhh I miss that.

Made me think too that depending on which\race class you started as, you probably had a totally different experience of the game for the early learning phase, even if you went on and made a different race later on. Starting in freeport and hunting in oasis is totalllllly different than everfrost and blackburrow, just tone wise.

I also remember seeing the generic steel plate armor that you can buy for outrageously high prices at the armor shop in halas and thinking "hmm that must be part of the end game", and now I know it's just totally pointless to spend money on it heh.
Last edited by Ooloo; 09-07-2021 at 02:47 PM..
Old 09-07-2021, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cool post. Green is the farthest I've gone into Velious content. Did Velketor for the first time and saw this underground ice forest on the way. Game still blowing me away.
When I went to that area to the left of the brood mother, and I started like floating in mid air and falling through walls I was like "IM IN A TERRIFYING EVERQUEST DREAM"

It was like, beyond immersive, never been anywhere near those areas and was so scared like a little kid again!
Old 09-11-2021, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I also first started playing everquest in Halas\Everfrost as a barb shaman. It was sooooooo damn cool seeing all the other barbs running around, grouping and figuring out the game. Slowly accumulating platinum, being excited when a mob dropped a backpack. Slowly filling out slots with leather and then banded pieces. Sighhh I miss that.

Made me think too that depending on which\race class you started as, you probably had a totally different experience of the game for the early learning phase, even if you went on and made a different race later on. Starting in freeport and hunting in oasis is totalllllly different than everfrost and blackburrow, just tone wise.

I also remember seeing the generic steel plate armor that you can buy for outrageously high prices at the armor shop in halas and thinking "hmm that must be part of the end game", and now I know it's just totally pointless to spend money on it heh.
I was a barb shaman when green launched - it was a great time, and exactly like you described.

When I first played EQ, I was a Dark Elf SK and a Wood Elf Ranger, and those experiences were very different as well (I remember seeing a dark elf show up at crushbone and everyone was amazed).
Old 09-11-2021, 03:22 AM
Large Bat

This is a certified trve, kvlt, evil, grim and frostbitten thread. Jon Nödtveidt would be proud.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was a barb shaman when green launched - it was a great time, and exactly like you described.
I was there in Halas at green launch, too. I remember people rushing to make their Large Tattered Skullcaps for polar bear fashionquest. And the FIRST time night hit and we were all running around with little spots of light from our lanterns, and OOC was lighting up with people marveling at how scary nighttime suddenly was.

It was *perfection*.

I remember being stoked when I pulled my first banded bracers out of the forge in Qeynos and started rocking CHAIN fashion at level 11 or 12 or so. And buying a Combine Spear so I had a Magic weapon (I carried that thing till 35 when I could solo the spear in OOT). THAT'S why I joined Green and it was every bit as awesome as I imagined.

Funny enough I'm about to hit 60 on that same toon and am now in my first REAL raiding guild and taking down all the targets I never hit on live. LIVING THE DREAM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was there in Halas at green launch, too. I remember people rushing to make their Large Tattered Skullcaps for polar bear fashionquest. And the FIRST time night hit and we were all running around with little spots of light from our lanterns, and OOC was lighting up with people marveling at how scary nighttime suddenly was.

It was *perfection*.

I remember being stoked when I pulled my first banded bracers out of the forge in Qeynos and started rocking CHAIN fashion at level 11 or 12 or so. And buying a Combine Spear so I had a Magic weapon (I carried that thing till 35 when I could solo the spear in OOT). THAT'S why I joined Green and it was every bit as awesome as I imagined.

Funny enough I'm about to hit 60 on that same toon and am now in my first REAL raiding guild and taking down all the targets I never hit on live. LIVING THE DREAM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Niceee, yeah I also rolled a barb sham on green launch day to relive my original experience on live, it was a damn blast. I rushed to lvl 9 to get sow and serpent sight. People were SO happy to have somebody around who could give night vision to barbs haha.

Also still playing that toon but only lvl 57. Finally saved up enough for a JBB though, forgot how fun those are to play with. Honestly can't wait for another green server to do it all again. It *is* called Everquest after all heh.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Niceee, yeah I also rolled a barb sham on green launch day to relive my original experience on live, it was a damn blast. I rushed to lvl 9 to get sow and serpent sight. People were SO happy to have somebody around who could give night vision to barbs haha. Although, needing a lightsource to run around in the dark was definitely really fun and super classic. It was such a sad day when they just turned on ultravision for every race on live.

Also still playing that toon but only lvl 57. Finally saved up enough for a JBB though, forgot how fun those are to play with. Honestly can't wait for another green server to do it all again. It *is* called Everquest after all heh.
Closed Thread