Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 02-23-2024, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Come and buy my 2007 Acura TL Type S. Trying to sell it now.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:50 PM
Kobold

when i bought my car new they were asking about my work history and when i mentioned that i sold cars for a short stint prior to my current job the grimace i got from the guy was priceless

every time they "take the figure back to their boss to see what they can do" they're just going into the office and shooting the shit, seeing how long they can string you along knocking off a couple bucks on monthlies, lol. you gotta be cold-hearted on them vultures.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when i bought my car new they were asking about my work history and when i mentioned that i sold cars for a short stint prior to my current job the grimace i got from the guy was priceless

every time they "take the figure back to their boss to see what they can do" they're just going into the office and shooting the shit, seeing how long they can string you along knocking off a couple bucks on monthlies, lol. you gotta be cold-hearted on them vultures.
yeah...and you just walk away and they'll call you in an hour with a new price lol
Old 02-23-2024, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

i knew what i wanted (exact trim/options) and i knew the price i'd be willing to pay out-the-door. i emailed and called like 10 dealerships near me asking for their best OTD price until one worked.

of course when i got there and they sent me to the final paperwork guy they tried adding on warranties etc. but i just politely declined and got my car for exactly how much i wanted it. was only there for 90 minutes or so.
Old 02-26-2024, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

New Toyota landcruiser or Lexus GX seem fairly offroad capable. Might check them out as I hate jeeps. I’ll probably just get a new Tacoma or tundra though. My current tundra has 220,000 miles on it and still runs fine but it might be time for something new
Old 02-27-2024, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New Toyota landcruiser or Lexus GX seem fairly offroad capable. Might check them out as I hate jeeps. I’ll probably just get a new Tacoma or tundra though. My current tundra has 220,000 miles on it and still runs fine but it might be time for something new
the brand new Yota trucks look so nice

my cousin just bought a new Capstone and hes been a GM and Ford guy for 30 years...thing is sick

if you dont actually need the full size they updated the looks on the tacomas too, very nice
Old 02-27-2024, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

I love the new Tacoma. I’m definitely thinking about it

Issue is, I have 4 billion grandkids and I’m being forced to retire in Colorado to help with them. Not sure if a Tacoma is big enough in terms of seating, or the tundra for that matter

I do tow a large camper but I’m probably going to sell it and get something smaller, so I think either the Tacoma or Land Cruiser would be fine from that standpoint. I don’t want to go as big as a sequoia but it’s possible. I also don’t like how it looks
Old 02-27-2024, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, the capstone is nice as fuck. Plus I bet it’ll last 250k miles
Old 02-27-2024, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

I went down the Toyota off road rabbit hole and have now been strongly considering picking up a 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser. I LOVE the look of them, they seem to be bullet proof, and I can get one under 100k miles in my price range.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 03-24-2024, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

I ended up buying a CPO 2024 Subaru Outback Premium in Cosmic Blue with Black cloth interior with all the options I wanted (navigation, RAB, auto dim mirrors, mud flaps) with only 2700 miles and couldn't be happier! Thanks for all the advice and suggestions!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch