Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recall few years back there was a patch that broke merchants so you'd dupe simply by selling items on them. Ton of geniouses hurried to buy diamonds/black sapphires in EC (high value vendor items) to make the most out of the situation. Mass bans followed after the rollback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my friends got banned in EQ for buying something in Thurg, running to another guy in Thurg and selling it, not sure the exact scam but you could make a hell of a lot of money from it, friend made a few million before being caught.
My favorite part of these stories is how people just become totally consumed by their greed and abuse the hell out of the exploit, which in turn probably contributes to their getting caught more so than if they kept quiet about it and only modestly used it.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:45 AM
Banned

There were 2 very active dupes when P99 launched. I was nice enough to inform fat head Rogaine about one of them. The crux from what I remember was you could copy an entire slot in the shared bank by adding too many items (or bags) and then logging out with it on your cursor to character select, while using a proxy to log in to the same account and selecting another character (details could be wrong, its been many years). I was also the first player banned on P99 after launch for making fun of staff in OOC. The ironic part about that was I was speedhack kiting with a group of players in EC during this and had a whole bank full of plat bars from duping. Only came back for Red99 launch, which was also promptly run into the ground by staff mismanagement. Hope that answers any questions you have.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:49 AM
Kobold

I remember one from right after luclin launched. You would get as far away from a vendor as you could and still have the merchant window open. Select gems to sell. Then hit sell gems and back away from the vendor at the same time. You kept the gems and got plat from the vendor. Once you had enough plat you bought more gems from the vendor and then sold stacks of gems at a time. Never handing over any gems and always receiving plat. I personally never got banned from it, but it was fixed not too long after I heard about it.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Once on Live I sold a bunch of gems to a vendor as I went LD, came back and had the cash and the gems.

I didn't want to risk a banning, so I petitioned it and the GM told me to just delete the gems and it would be all cool, so I did that.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Most dupes on live involved your character going LD and coming back alive to a corpse of yourself or weird shenanigans involving trades/transactions with merchants.

That's how the Chinese duped on Nameless, they'd feign death, go LD, then someone would aggro a mob on their character right before the server would log him out. Come back to corpse full of items!
Closed Thread