Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 02:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, the event was conducive to actual fun PVP on the red server. And that GM events shouldn't be about collecting "welfare pixels." But what you're missing, is that the event/quest was broken, and the quest NPC's were despawned before most people had a chance to complete the event. There was no possible way to finish the event without a dedicated bard and porter.
Can confirm as someone that had a port/bard group I only completed the event with about 1-1.5 hrs to spare before they killed the event. I'm fairly certain if I was melee without a guild/friends of the port/bard variety I wouldn't have completed.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:59 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea if that was the case, that sucks

just seems like 99% of the complaints are "my item sucked!!!"
I agree, those people are idiots and you should be able to enjoy the event for what it is regardless of the reward.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCrusader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're completely okay for wasting time out of your holiday to find out your reward will be taken away? What kind of pills are you on? This is NOT okay. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was having a good time while doing the event itself. Rewards are awesome, but its not always about the reward. If the event wasn't going on, I'd have been bashing some dumb mob on an alt. Event gave me something else to do for a bit that isn't normally part of the game.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:32 AM
Kobold

When I got ported from WK to EC I decided to go do something else.

But I'm so glad that we have a staff that cares enough to put an event -- ANY event -- together on the 100% free nostalgia server I love.

Thanks guys & Happy Halloween!
Old 11-01-2015, 03:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didn't get to log in while it was going on, but from what i heard it generated a lot of fun pvp on red99

who gives a shit what the rewards were?

GM events shouldn't mean "time to collect welfare pixels" you ungrateful crybabies

sounded to me like it was an original event that fit the halloween theme

looking forward to more things along this line in the future, thanks braknar
This 100% - at least on Red it was a lot of fun seeing people actually go at it for once.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Kobold

Events are suppose to be fun. If you look at the event rewards from SoE/Verant events. Specifically the 2001 Halloween event. The rewards were no drop and they were upgrades for people in the 20-40 range from trash mobs and then very few mobs that had to be killed by multiple groups to drop decent items for people above 40. They later switched to the scavenger hunts for the anniversaries in which case everyone got the same reward and it wasnt always great but it wasnt a waste of time either. Each year the previous years scavenger hunts were available and i know on FV the exp pot one was farmed like crazy because they were tradeable per FV ruleset. Where as on normal servers they were not. The last few years they would do augments. So to have rewards that are mediocre when you are lvl20-30 that you can always get in the game any day of the week its not special. The point of holiday events is to do something that you dont get to see every day.

1. The running around was fine.
2. The scripting a good idea.
3. Add random new mobs to zone with random no drop loot. in fact just use the old halloween loot nothing was super op.
4. giving a boss that will draw people together at the end is a good idea as well.
5. its ok to give out something that's risk vs reward is easier than normal because it doesnt happen all the time, its a holiday event. make it no drop and lore.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=6782 link to all of the anniversary events page so you can get an idea of reward types that people enjoy.
Last edited by Nilasbik; 11-01-2015 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: link
Old 11-01-2015, 03:42 AM
Aviak

Thank you for pissing people off. Angry nerds is the only joyful thing I find on this forum... that at newbs getting help. Keep up the good work overlords!
Old 11-01-2015, 04:00 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for taking the time to set all of this up. I appreciate the work that goes into this and making sure it goes smoothly so everyone can have fun!

What I liked:
-I liked that you forced everyone to get out of their comfort zone a little bit and explore new zones!
-I liked the searching for the acolytes aspect. Though once it was found, everyone just seemed to follow the flood, maybe have the acolytes respawn in a new location every once in awhile(from a preset list of locations in the zone). If they respawned on a timer, then that would break groups up less if the entire group speaks to the acolyte at the same time.
-I like that there were more pick up groups. As a bard, I ran around inviting random people to run to the new locations with me. It was fun getting to meet some new people along the way.

What I thought could be improved:
-The tricks that ported you many zones away were just annoying and not as fun. Maybe in the future, instead of porting you off somewhere(which broke up our group and wasted time more than anything), maybe spawn mobs instead to bring groups/guilds closer together.(if if you did want to stick with this idea, maybe port the player, but give them the item also once they load. I saw people getting ported 2 or 3 times in a row)
-I didn't like the reliance on druids/wizards to basically port you everywhere. I would rather have some type of clickable teleport like a firepot. (this wasn't really a huge issue, its just that people spent a lot for porting tips, and many didn't even get to finish the event)
-The time limit was a bit annoying. I got to 14 out of the 16 acolytes when the event was shut down, and was a bit upset that I didn't get to finish the event after putting so much work into it.(if the time limit is unavoidable, then it might be nice to know the time limit ahead of time, so I could just stop if I knew I wasn't going to finish) Another idea is to have an upgradeable item so the further the player gets into the event, the stronger their item gets, that way, no one goes home completely empty handed.
-The loot I hear was a bit buggy, but that wasn't intended, so I won't worry about that.

Thanks again! Keep up the great work and I'm really looking forward the the next event!
Old 11-01-2015, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

Thinking about the holiday in question, what do kids receive (for the most part)? Candy! Thus what could have gone well for those with limited mobility would have been each city offering a different "treat". This small token food item would have been a lore item with the smallest of boosts before consumed (assuming food stats still worked like they did on Live many years ago).

If there was to be an elaborate quest spanning the continents, then the event should have run for at least one whole day to allow everyone a relatively even chance to complete the quest. Or expand the quest timer to a week but the trick or treat mobs only appear during the evening and night hours of the game.

Just my thoughts.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:17 AM
Planar Protector

What I liked:

1. Cecil and Barm looked awesome.
2. Getting treats (Kunark's acolytes were making some kind of casserole for sure, and I suspect the ones on Faydwer were some sort of school reference).
3. Solving a new quest. I like puzzles!
4. Knowing I could get turned into something fun and run around like that for a while.

What I disliked:

1. Could not complete quest before the abrupt cut-off time - although honestly I was kind of relieved I wouldn't have to keep playing by the time I got to the Velious section.
2. The idea of eating an ice comet in Kael, possibly repeatedly.
3. Some of the tricks, like porting and straight up murder, upped the ante a little too much considering the potential reward.]
4. Lower levels essentially could not do the later sections of the quest - this doesn't apply to me but did apply to several of the people I saw struggling to finish the quest. There were no intermediary rewards, either.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread