Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-11-2019, 06:56 PM
Aviak

Has anyone found a fix for using Wineskin? I got it to work using Wine Stable but the fonts look like shit, blurry/pixelated.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Hey friends!

Is there verified working fix for this?

I see some people saying partial fixes (but blurry text/crashes etc)

Many thanks for the debugging ya'll have done!
Old 09-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Aviak

I think you can replace some font files with Wine Stable to de-fuzz the text. Haven’t done it myself, but might be worth Googling.

I suspect this font file is included with Wineskin, hence the difference with Stable.
Last edited by erlkoenig; 09-12-2019 at 02:53 PM..
Old 09-12-2019, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

I love overpaying for lesser computer parts. /mac.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love overpaying for lesser computer parts. /mac.
It's not only about the hardware in 2019. I like Mac OS more than windows for work, but depends on your situation.

Might just buy a cheap PC to play P99 and so I can get GINA timers, will be crucial for /pet report on green.

-Blue-
Atychi - 23 Necromancer
Atych - 27 Druid
Old 09-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone found a fix for using Wineskin? I got it to work using Wine Stable but the fonts look like shit, blurry/pixelated.
Yes, if you do everything in this video except: use wineskin wrapper 2.6, not the CX something they use. It works with that. Its been a little buggy - when I run it sometimes doesnt open the window and goes away. This happened first after I adjusted the size of the windowed mode by changing the W and L numbers. When this happened again I just opened the client file and didnt do anything and then opened up the 'everquest' wineskin app and it worked again.
ALSO I did not remove the zone files they say to remove because the update said they do not need to be removed anymore.

ALSO ALSO, Reagan just put out updated P99 files and he mentioned changing the DLL I believe. For this reason, you may be able to just run it the old way after adding the files; however I have not tried this.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfNbEUVweM

This is the video I am referring to above
Old 09-12-2019, 04:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfNbEUVweM

This is the video I am referring to above
That method no longer works with v49. dsetup.dll causes Wineskin to not launch at least with Mojave. I'm about to give up, it seems futile(no disrespect meant). I have it working with both Wine Stable and Bootcamping windows but wine stable distorts fonts and I just don't want to bootcamp. It was a good run though.
Last edited by szjanoski; 09-12-2019 at 05:03 PM..
Old 09-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, if you do everything in this video except: use wineskin wrapper 2.6, not the CX something they use. It works with that. Its been a little buggy - when I run it sometimes doesnt open the window and goes away. This happened first after I adjusted the size of the windowed mode by changing the W and L numbers. When this happened again I just opened the client file and didnt do anything and then opened up the 'everquest' wineskin app and it worked again.
ALSO I did not remove the zone files they say to remove because the update said they do not need to be removed anymore.

ALSO ALSO, Reagan just put out updated P99 files and he mentioned changing the DLL I believe. For this reason, you may be able to just run it the old way after adding the files; however I have not tried this.
The CX they use in the video is the engine, not the wrapper.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
The CX they use in the video is the engine, not the wrapper.
Ok engine then. Do what the video says but use the 2.6 engine. I did what I'm explaining to you and it works for me...