Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Fire Giant

Default LF Guide Feedback

Greetings all,

I just did a major overhaul of my necromancer guide. I made some changes to the organization of the guide, I added some new spots, and stuff like that. I am looking for some feedback and other thoughts:

1) I am curious, if any of you read the previous version, if the new organization is easier to make sense of?

2) Am I leaving anything out that should be in a necromancer guide?

3) On Sister Isle in Ocean of Tears, is there a merchant that a necromancer can sell to?

4) What are some solid alternative camps to Halfling Guards from 31-34? Unrest Basement is one I was thinking of... But I've always gone to Halfling Guards because they are just too good. I am looking for some other input on this level range.

The new version can be found here.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 04-11-2014 at 09:02 PM..
Old 04-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

Vexing Mordina total damage needs a correction
Old 04-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

Corrected. I put in the damage per tick, not the total. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Just glanced through your guide, but iksar necro's can start doing spectres at 32/33, a few resists but you can take out 2-3 specs.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Fire Giant

The blood red con doesn't cause significant resists? PtD doesn't even have a MR modifier. Hmm. I'll test it on my next necro. Interesting. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The blood red con doesn't cause significant resists? PtD doesn't even have a MR modifier. Hmm. I'll test it on my next necro. Interesting. Thanks.
I don't recall any reds at 33. You do get a decent amount of resists at that level, but your mana bar should be able to last you through at least 2 spawn cycles. I also switched between spectres and unrest, mind you unrest was far less crowded at the time of my necro, but I'd end up pulling from basement, running past fountains to the hallway that leads to the zone out, snare, fear, and dot with no pet. That can be done until 38 ish. Ended up switching to spectres i believe full time at around 36 when resists started to become less, I can honestly say that I felt no iksar necro xp penalty, even throughout the hell levels.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Poison Bolt is a DOT too, not just a pure DD.

Edit:

I'd suggest adding the Gargoyles camp in OoT to the 20-26ish section (especially if recommending people buy a CoS in the low levels). It's not super camped because of how out of the way it is, stackable great money items and puts you in the right zone to move on to the sisters camp immediately afterwards for more money generation.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 04-29-2014 at 03:01 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't recall any reds at 33. You do get a decent amount of resists at that level, but your mana bar should be able to last you through at least 2 spawn cycles. I also switched between spectres and unrest, mind you unrest was far less crowded at the time of my necro, but I'd end up pulling from basement, running past fountains to the hallway that leads to the zone out, snare, fear, and dot with no pet. That can be done until 38 ish. Ended up switching to spectres i believe full time at around 36 when resists started to become less, I can honestly say that I felt no iksar necro xp penalty, even throughout the hell levels.
Really? Interesting. When I went there on my second necro at 37, all Specs were White/Yellow. I'd think at 33, 4 levels under, they'd all be bloody red. But again, that's not from my own observation, that's just why I never tried going there instead of toll booth. I'll try it out when I level my next necro.

I know about Unrest, but I figured that zone gets enough traffic as it is, so I wasn't going to toss it into the guide. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And yeah, I think it's at 34 that you start to curb off the Iksar xp penalty, as you get a Lich that is worth a damn. It just becomes more and more valuable from that point, and you feel the penalty less and less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poison Bolt is a DOT too, not just a pure DD.

Edit:

I'd suggest adding the Gargoyles camp in OoT to the 20-26ish section (especially if recommending people buy a CoS in the low levels). It's not super camped because of how out of the way it is, stackable great money items and puts you in the right zone to move on to the sisters camp immediately afterwards for more money generation.
Ahh, right you are. I'll fix that shortly.

As for Gargoyles, I'll add that without a description, and then try it out on my third necro. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any idea for the level 31-34 range? Halfling Guards is all I have, and there has to be another spot. I reformed the guide's structure and all to not bottleneck as much at specific camps, but that's one level range I've never ended up going anywhere else for.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 04-29-2014 at 05:12 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

specs were probably ninja-patched at some point. I played a shaman after my necro and there wasn't static red spawns. I,e, first spec is red
Old 04-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Were you on Oasis specs? I don't think there is a difference between them, but I know Oasis specs spawn times were changed, and so they may have also had their level screwed with? Just a thought.