Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 01:49 AM
Fire Giant

Default HHK, Left Goblin Ears and Rogues

Hi all,
I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed a number of Rogues hanging around the goblin groups in HHK, pickpocketing the ears from the goblins. Now, many already have a suspicion to Rogues in their group pickpocketing these ears but it seems that others want to get in on the action as well. I'll drop names, Bilbeau (Knights Who Say Ni) has been doing this for a number of nights recently. After trying to get him to move on without GM intervention for the past couple of incidents, I petitioned him earlier today and the GM, who promptly appeared, moved him on. Funny enough, one of the group members with me at the time mentioned that he was doing the same thing when he was playing his alt in January!

Obviously this behaviour is annoying at best but at worst it affects XP (from the quest) but also valuable PP for newbies hoping to get some decent PP from selling these. Based on these, and the 'Play Nice' policy, I would consider this a direct breach of the rules governing the server.

Could we get some GM responses on this so hopefully this pathetic practice can be dealt with.

Thanks!

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 08-25-2014, 02:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all,
I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed a number of Rogues hanging around the goblin groups in HHK, pickpocketing the ears from the goblins. Now, many already have a suspicion to Rogues in their group pickpocketing these ears but it seems that others want to get in on the action as well. I'll drop names, Bilbeau (Knights Who Say Ni) has been doing this for a number of nights recently. After trying to get him to move on without GM intervention for the past couple of incidents, I petitioned him earlier today and the GM, who promptly appeared, moved him on. Funny enough, one of the group members with me at the time mentioned that he was doing the same thing when he was playing his alt in January!

Obviously this behaviour is annoying at best but at worst it affects XP (from the quest) but also valuable PP for newbies hoping to get some decent PP from selling these. Based on these, and the 'Play Nice' policy, I would consider this a direct breach of the rules governing the server.

Could we get some GM responses on this so hopefully this pathetic practice can be dealt with.

Thanks!

I don't remember when in the live timeline rogue pickpocket gets its own separate loot table, but hold onto that little shred of hope that maybe someday you won't have to care about rogues pickpocketing. I know I do.

Stealing high-demand noob items like ears is pretty extra lame, but classic as hell. One of the reasons why rogue was always one of the most fun roleplaying classes.

Edit: For clarity I should say, I think it's really shitty that he's doing that and I hope he stops.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Last edited by Kekephee; 08-25-2014 at 02:14 AM..
Old 08-25-2014, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Um... what is the point of pickpocketing then? He's a rogue... doesn't lore mean anything to you? Dastardly rogues pickpocket, it's what the ability was invented for. Unless he is following you around pickpocketing every mob you engage, then what's the issue? Kill em and have them respawn.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks!
Didn't you just say a GM moved him along?
Old 08-25-2014, 02:26 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah, he was sticking around the group pickpocketing every mob we engaged. For hours on end...

Yes, the GM moved him on this time but I'm sure he'll be back again. Or there'll be another rogue doing it. In fact, by posting this, I've probably just made matters worse cause now there will be more rogues hiding there :P

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 08-25-2014, 06:15 AM
Skeleton

Rogues doing rogue like things, whatever next?
Should have made it so they could be attacked until they zone if picking from another groups kill.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

It's still more time efficient to get on your main, get some loot in COM/KC/Seb/wherever, and use that cash to buy the lowbies goblin ears.

Everybody wins that way.

I have a rogue and I've never abused pickpocketing (what's left of it, already nerfed hard).
Old 08-25-2014, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

I'm upset that the GM moved the rogue along. Back in seb a rogue not in group was pickpocketing my group's engaged bugs ( when it was possible) and the GM response was "that's what rogues do".
Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Fire Giant

I think pick pocking engaged mobs that are not your group is IMO akin to KSing or attempting to

The engagement of a mob is for the entire aspect of the encounter and situation- the EXP, the loot and the fun of the encounter- a rouge out of group that engages a mob trying to take away part of the total engagement of the mob should be seen the same as a person KSing EXP/attempting to take the EXP.

"Its what rouges do" well... what if a super high level comes into the lower area and just starts WTF pwning mobs and taking the kill/exp -? he is a super adventurer slayer of gnomes, gnolls, goblins and all things starting with G- its what he does!

Role playing is the reason? okay fine...but open that door slowly- I am a Shadowknight- your a pally? Ima train you to death because I am role playing it fits with my lore...

Mob standing there, not engaged or pulled? sure rouge go for it!

Mob engaged with not your group? - your a douche.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 08-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

I just wish there was some consistency on how rules are made here. I know people aren't perfect, and all gms are different, it's just frustrating when one day a situation is treated one way and on another day, the exact same premise is handled differently. But it is what it is and I'm not losing sleep over it.
Closed Thread