Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 07:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Made wrong Necro race, reroll question

Hi there!

I am currently a lvl 23 gnome necromancer. Knew from the start that Iksar was a better choice but because I was totally new to this game I got scared when reading about factions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am totally fine of rerolling and even thinking of another class (possibly Cleric) that is more sought after at endgame.

So my question is should I continue leveling my necro to a point where I can farm plat and twink a new character and perhaps buy a Velium Crystal Staff or just start a new character without twinking it? When can I reliably farm around 10k plat for the staff?

Cheers!
Old 01-26-2019, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atychiphobia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there!

I am currently a lvl 23 gnome necromancer. Knew from the start that Iksar was a better choice but because I was totally new to this game I got scared when reading about factions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am totally fine of rerolling and even thinking of another class (possibly Cleric) that is more sought after at endgame.

So my question is should I continue leveling my necro to a point where I can farm plat and twink a new character and perhaps buy a Velium Crystal Staff or just start a new character without twinking it? When can I reliably farm around 10k plat for the staff?

Cheers!
I don't think min max is that big of a deal. Prolly should just play what you want to. I think your gonna need to be around 34 to farm specters, so that will prolly take you longer than it did to hit 23. My main is a cleric, and I got into the game later, but im 57 now. I can say that your easy to level as a cleric with no gear. The thing is you will always need a group as a cleric. Unless you want to level painfully slow in comparison. The great thing is that everybody else you will be leveling with will like 9/10 times be an alt, so you get the benefit of their twinkness being a cleric. So its you and like 5 twinked out buds, your going to be fine. The best thing to do is make your way to EC tunnel and bum buffs, with that you can solo reds. Make some plat, and buy stuff you can afford. People sell items that go for 20 plat or less all the time. Just work your way up from there. Ever so often people will buy the HQ bear pelts, when they do just have a few backpacks worth, and make your load. I geared my cleric up pretty well doing that. Then just hit up various dungeons that drop stuff your cleric can actually use, and your gtg. Clerics can be kinda boring in late game though, so if your autistic and have to be pressing buttons the whole time, you might need to roll something else. I play in windowed mode and read articles in some groups due to their not taking damage.

Again, im not sure why you feel the need to min max? I have yet to be in a situation where it's been a huge thing. The only thing would be not rolling a iskar monk, cuz when you FD that extra regen I could see being a big thing. TBH I made a iskar necro, behing able to regen while you convert hps to mana is great. I can see why you would feel gimped. But, I don't think it would stop you from being a great necro. Bunch of ikky necros anyways.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Necro is realistically just a noob class for farming up beginner gear for alts. Sure you can solo some big things, but nothing very interesting.

Being a gnome will slow down your efficiency, but it honestly doesn't matter that much.

Iksar regen is much different for a monk because monks are actually useful. I'd say keep your current necro and make your wall staring bot like you seem to want to.

That way you'll have two barely useful classes and you'll be able to grab rotting raid loot and farm up plat for starter gear when you decide to make a class that does something.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro is realistically just a noob class for farming up beginner gear for alts. Sure you can solo some big things, but nothing very interesting.

Being a gnome will slow down your efficiency, but it honestly doesn't matter that much.

Iksar regen is much different for a monk because monks are actually useful. I'd say keep your current necro and make your wall staring bot like you seem to want to.

That way you'll have two barely useful classes and you'll be able to grab rotting raid loot and farm up plat for starter gear when you decide to make a class that does something.
How does a CLR not do something?
Old 01-26-2019, 09:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Jesus you sound conceited.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:22 PM
Kobold

Iksars should never have been allowed to be necromancers. It's just plain cheating. That said I play a non-Iksar necro and it's fine. Better to not be a part of the herd.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does a CLR not do something?
See “wall staring bot”
Old 01-27-2019, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to try out cleric I wouldn't bother spending the time to twink it out with one of those staves, they're very easy to level up near-naked and without other gear you won't be melee'ing much past your teens anyway.

If you don't want to start from complete scratch, a smoldering brand and some banded mail goes a long way for maybe ~300p total and the armor can transfer to about half of the available classes. You can farm that in a few hours at your level - LFay sisters, OOT gargoyles/wood elves, paineel guards are all decent cash camps for that range.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 01-27-2019, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksars should never have been allowed to be necromancers. It's just plain cheating. That said I play a non-Iksar necro and it's fine. Better to not be a part of the herd.
It’s just a matter of downtime. Iksars experience far less by default. Choosing to be an iksar doesn’t make you a band wagoner, just makes you a lot more efficient.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks a lot for all the answers!

Will most likely just reroll directly instead of wasting time then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I got the picture that if I was a non-iksar necro at 60 no one would want me, but I guess I was wrong about that =)
Last edited by Atychiphobia; 01-27-2019 at 08:34 AM..
Closed Thread