Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 08:26 AM
Fire Giant

Race is irrelevant. Play what you want to look at.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s just a matter of downtime. Iksars experience far less by default. Choosing to be an iksar doesn’t make you a band wagoner, just makes you a lot more efficient.
That's a cute oversimplification and an inaccurate one. All caster downtime is related to mana, which all races deal with equally. Non-Iksars live on the edge of a knife, while Iksars get to chill in the sun.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a cute oversimplification and an inaccurate one. All caster downtime is related to mana, which all races deal with equally. Non-Iksars live on the edge of a knife, while Iksars get to chill in the sun.
He said that iksar suffer less downtime. That's neither an oversimplification nor inaccurate. Non iksar don't live on the edge of the knife, they just warm the ground with their ass longer.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:53 PM
Skeleton

Am I the only one that thinks Iksars look badass in robes?
Old 01-29-2019, 01:03 PM
Kobold

yeah re roll.. you'll enjoy the new character and you wont have that "should've would've feeling the back of your mind"
Old 01-29-2019, 03:29 PM
Banned

Ya, but how many camps can an iksar fully utilize their downtime enhancing regen at? like also, this requires a lot of effort to make use of, so if you are going to play an AFK necro where u make a kill every 40 minutes, being an iksar will just make leveling take 50% longer.

But if your going to sit there constantly killing mobs or feed a group mana iksar is better.

At the same time how fast can you really kill in a dungeon with an exp bonus, so a dark elf, with normal regen, killing 40% bonus will be leveling at the same speed as an iksar in the same tight spots with less spawns.

And if you group on your iksar, you will also only kill at the speed of the group, and that usually won't be improved much by your own regen.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atychiphobia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there!

I am currently a lvl 23 gnome necromancer. Knew from the start that Iksar was a better choice but because I was totally new to this game I got scared when reading about factions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am totally fine of rerolling and even thinking of another class (possibly Cleric) that is more sought after at endgame.

So my question is should I continue leveling my necro to a point where I can farm plat and twink a new character and perhaps buy a Velium Crystal Staff or just start a new character without twinking it? When can I reliably farm around 10k plat for the staff?

Cheers!

I would re-roll to Iksar if you're going to be playing it to 60 and beyond.

Its good to have a couple of characters going. Your necro can be your solo / short time window choice and the cleric can be your grouping, more social option.

Both can be leveled in totally different zones / paths too.

No need to twink a cleric.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He said that iksar suffer less downtime. That's neither an oversimplification nor inaccurate. Non iksar don't live on the edge of the knife, they just warm the ground with their ass longer.
Where does the downtime come from? Is it common for necromancers to sit down to get their health back? Is that why they are warming the ground?

Hmmm.

Or does mana regeneration remain the same so that one necromancer has ample mana and ample life, while the other sits at 50% performing the same actions?

One is safer than the other, and that's about it. The speed between the races is the same, as mana is the limiting factor and not health.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where does the downtime come from? Is it common for necromancers to sit down to get their health back? Is that why they are warming the ground?

Hmmm.

Or does mana regeneration remain the same so that one necromancer has ample mana and ample life, while the other sits at 50% performing the same actions?

One is safer than the other, and that's about it. The speed between the races is the same, as mana is the limiting factor and not health.
The difference is that a non-iksar will have to cast lifetaps more frequently, which are less mana-efficient than other damaging spells.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference is that a non-iksar will have to cast lifetaps more frequently, which are less mana-efficient than other damaging spells.
When you cast them at the same rate as an iksar you hover from 40-60% life, while the iksar is in the 80 and 90 percent. Staying topped means less mana, means you're safer at a cost of mana efficiency. However, you can play at the same rate while being lower on life and living on the edge. Almost like the edge of a knife. If someone wants the best raid battery, go Iksar. But, if you just want to farm gear/plat all races perform at the same rate, especially when charm comes into play. All but one just require you to play more carefully.
Closed Thread