Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Before vs. after the merge, which was more fun you for you?
Pre-merge I had more fun 180 60.81%
Post-merge I'm having more fun 29 9.80%
I had roughly the same amount of fun before/after 54 18.24%
Bush merged the towers into the ground 33 11.15%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Had fun before merge and am having fun after the merge. For me personally though, pre-merge was more fun/better.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you saying that even though something was classic, because it was in 1999 and the context was different it shouldn't be reproduced on a classic server in 2020?
Well it's not 1999 anymore, and we're not on dialup or looking things up on Everlore.

If you want a classic "feel", then there wasn't the kind of boxing you'd see here if they let it happen.

If you want a server with 3-boxing enabled, consider The Al`Kabor Project
Old 02-07-2020, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it's not 1999 anymore, and we're not on dialup or looking things up on Everlore.

If you want a classic "feel", then there wasn't the kind of boxing you'd see here if they let it happen.

If you want a server with 3-boxing enabled, consider The Al`Kabor Project
I completely agree with you on boxing. My point is that the same arguments apply to a large population.

Literally: If you want a classic "feel", then there wasn't the kind of large population you'd see here if they let if happen.

The kind of server I wanted was Teal. There is no replacement to consider right now.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 02-08-2020, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I completely agree with you on boxing. My point is that the same arguments apply to a large population.

Literally: If you want a classic "feel", then there wasn't the kind of large population you'd see here if they let if happen.

The kind of server I wanted was Teal. There is no replacement to consider right now.

cheers,

Astuce
Byeeeeeeee
Old 02-08-2020, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

Teal will always be remembered fondly. Once all the psychopaths (racist edgelords of odus and 10 year veteran neckbeard stay at home sons seal team) declared for green it paved the way for teal to become this really chill server with a great vibe. Completely lost interest post merge. Blue or even red for that matter seem more compelling servers at this point
Old 02-08-2020, 05:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m honestly really confused why you’re here complaining. There’s literally tons of servers where you could play the game the way you seem to want. There are the TLPs, there are other private emulated servers. If playing the game the way you want is so important, then why don’t you play on those? Why play on P99 and then complain about it when you could play on another server that allows you to play the game the way you want?

It’s like liking Coke instead of Pepsi, knowing restaurant A sells Coke and restaurant B sells Pepsi, and going to restaurant B and complaining they don’t have Coke lol
Are you tone deaf? Illiterate or what? Have comprehension problems or what?

YOU are the one that seems to want to force everyone to play the way you envision things not me. Your signature comment says it all....Bye. That's really a pretty immature way to look at things.

Let's be honest. Why exactly would anyone want to recreate something if they didn't want people to actually play it? That's a really good question to ask yourself sometime. I'm just asking a question. Do you want green to fizzle out and become like blue with half the population that green currently has? Is that your grand idea of magically recreating the EQ 1999 experience?

Three servers at this moment in time. Red has 16, Blue has 303, and green has 685. So with three servers two of them together don't even make up half of one server. Is that a good utilization of resources to you? Again I ask....why is there even a red server at this moment in time? Why not drop it and bring back teal? If the powers that be only have control over 3 servers....why would they want such skewed populations across them? That's not really good server load management.

Again going by the votes from this post it's 5 to 1 people had more fun pre-merge than post merge. Isn't that the actual point of any game is to have fun? Not pushing some cult like idea of how the game used to be 20 years ago.

Do you really want to say bye to everyone who just want things to be the way they were? Not really a great method to building a community.
Last edited by Silverfalcon; 02-08-2020 at 05:34 AM..
Old 02-08-2020, 09:44 AM
Aviak

Is it possible to split the server and merge one zone for auctions?
Old 02-08-2020, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely lost interest post merge. Blue or even red for that matter seem more compelling servers at this point
Don't use the best server as ammunition for your argument about teal's demise.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Your claim has already been debunked in this very thread: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=84

We have a smaller population here than most or all of the live servers did in the classic era.

I admit the possibility that green players have leveled more quickly or have chosen to cluster in a limited number of zones, while live players leveled more slowly and chose to spread out. But of course none of you people trying to argue that we should have 2+ servers instead of 1 have bothered to look for evidence of that. You seem content to run in circles with your arguments, or make arguments that you surely already know aren't going to sway the staff here, etc.

If you want to convince rogean/nilbog that we need multiple servers for our current population, then your best bet is to provide proof that classic players leveled more slowly and preferred a wider range of zones so that even though live servers often had MUCH larger populations (and at best, for the smallest live servers, had similar populations) to green, the world wouldn't have "felt" as crowded. And then make the argument that we should have multiple servers so recreate that "feel." I don't think that's going to fly, especially since the release of planes will relieve some of the problems at 50, and because once Kunark hits the argument will hold even less water, but still, that's probably your best bet.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-08-2020 at 10:05 AM..
Old 02-08-2020, 10:03 AM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% had more fun before merge.

I've been trying to sum up my personal feelings in a colloquial manner and the best I can do is..... Imagine you are a kid playing board games one night with your family. Everyone is relaxed - laughing and having a good time and picking on each other in a loving way.

The next day, a car accident happens. Your parents are now dead. You didn't see it coming.

You now live at your Uncle Jerry's house, who is rumored to be a pedophile. Uncle Jerry insists the rumors are not true.. but you don't like the idea of getting poked in the butt so you and your siblings move very cautiously around the house. Everyone is on edge and the laughter is gone. You miss home.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm lost here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Did all your pre-merge friends die/quit playing forever and all the new people u run into are tryin ta poke u in the butt?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread