Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guess is that he did not die and that he did not despawn.

A number of times in the past week, I've had a wounded pet who turned up missing after I camped aggro or gated or whatever. They get stuck in a wall and end up back at their spawnpoint an hour later. Or they ARE at their spawn point but with a weird z-axis so that you don't see them, but then when you walk up near their spawnpoint they'll aggro (think of the skeleton on the tower between the stairs in lcy and hands room... I never see him there, but I know if I walk over that spot without IVU he will aggro me out of the blue).
No that isn't the case here. I walked over the spawn nothing agrod, and the new mob respawned 25mins later.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Why are you charming the nameds anyways? :P
Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

Because then I can mez primary engaged mob, and hit hide when named pet is like 2-5%hp, mez it then 1 shot nuke it :A Makes healers a lot easier that way so the Frog King isn't spam healing himself.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

I've seen this a few times. The first time I messed up the pull of Drusella Sathir and had to hat out. I come back and she was gone along with the mob that was my pet. And yes, she had a NoS.

I'm not sure if DoT tics can do it, but any spell can for sure. Imagine this: Charmed Pet is fighting Caster A. Caster A begins to cast, you zone, breaking charm, mobs stop fighting, Caster A's spell keeps casting tho, lands on your former pet and now the pet is agro on Caster A. At this point other mobs can join in the fight, based on some really messed up assist mechanics. I've seen mobs fighting like this if I zoned out and came right back in, etc. It is rare, but an unfortunate risk when charming is involved.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait this actually works? so If i get a helot skeleton in south charmed to DoT a mob and FD I could get a war going between mobs?
test out if dots work, but you can get a war easily if you wait for one of the mobs to start casting and then FD, then you can enjoy the show. let us know how it goes
Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine this: Charmed Pet is fighting Caster A. Caster A begins to cast, you zone, breaking charm, mobs stop fighting, Caster A's spell keeps casting tho, lands on your former pet and now the pet is agro on Caster A. At this point other mobs can join in the fight, based on some really messed up assist mechanics. I've seen mobs fighting like this if I zoned out and came right back in, etc. It is rare, but an unfortunate risk when charming is involved.
Hmm.

Whenever I break charm with insta-invis, my pet will insantly stop casting whatever he was casting, whether it was a hostile spell directed at another mob or a self-buff spell or what, and turn to melee/cast on me.

I guess maybe breaking charm with invis is different?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm.

Whenever I break charm with insta-invis, my pet will insantly stop casting whatever he was casting, whether it was a hostile spell directed at another mob or a self-buff spell or what, and turn to melee/cast on me.

I guess maybe breaking charm with invis is different?
this is probably different because in this case the mob is now agro on you and knows it should team up with the other mob to kill you. when you zone out and all agro drops, then they just stand there. I imagine its similar to how when you FD, mobs keep casting on you instead of just stopping their cast and walking away.

a necro could easily test this with undead casters to verify exactly what makes it happen.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm this. Happens all the time to me.

all the fucking time
Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

We need Loraen and the Royal Ak'anon Academy of Research on this asap!
Closed Thread