Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Orc

Not to mention all the epic pieces.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(My apologies for not formatting this better):

Item Stats Classes How/Where Level
Argent Defender Dmg 33, Dly 49. +20 Mana Ra P Sk Wr Overking Bathezid 50
Burnt Wood Staff Dmg 8, Dly 20. Mg Multiple Creatures 33
Edge of Cabilis Dmg 25, Dly 50. Ra P Sk Wr A Sarnak Caedosaur 40
Golem Tear Ring +2 AC +2 Str +6 Wis +10 Mana All Classes A Chardoki Golem 45
Incarnadine Boots +18 AC +6 Str +6 Dex Sk Wr Prince Selrach Di'zok 58
Incarnadine Breastplate +35 AC +15 Str +15 Dex +5 Int +25 HP Sk Wr Overking Bathezid 50
Incarnadine Greaves +18 AC +6 Sta +6 Agi Sk Wr Korocust 60
Incarnadine Helm +19 AC +5 Agi +5 Int Wr Sk Multiple Creatures 55
Insignia Protector +20 AC +10 Wis +10 Int +5 Cha +10 vsMg +10 vsFire +10 vsCold +20 Mana N E Mg Wz Queen Velazul Di'zok 55
Ivory Imbued Collar +8 AC +5 Wis +2 vsMg +2 vsFire +2 vsCold +10 vsPos +10 vsDis +10 Mana Sm A Sarnak Templar 46
Jade Inlaid Crescent Axe Dmg 32, Dly 40. +6 Str +6 Agi +6 Dex +25 HP Wr Ra P Sk Multiple Creatures 58
Jagged Blade of Mourning Dmg 13, Dly 25. +3 AC +10 Dex +10 vsMg Ra P Sk B Ro Wr Multiple Creatures 45
Jagged Chokidai Spine Dmg 9, Dly 25. +4 Dex Ra Sk B Ro Wr Multiple Creatures 35
Runic Carver Dmg 18, Dly 37. Ra P Sk Wr Multiple Creatures
Sarnak Arcane Fetish +2 Dex +6 Int +5 Cha All Classes Multiple Creatures 45
Sarnak Battle Shield +25 AC +5 Str +5 Sta +10 vsMg +10 vsFire +10 vsCold +40 HP Sm D C P Sk B Wr Multiple Creatures 45
Sarnak Battlehammer Dmg 30, Dly 40. Wr Multiple Creatures 45
Sarnak Skullsplitter Dmg 12, Dly 26. +8 vsPos +8 vsDis Ra Sk B Wr A Sarnak Myrmidon 47
Shard of Darkness Dmg 10, Dly 28. +5 vsPos +5 vsDis Sk Queen Velazul Di'zok 58
Silver Swiftblade Dmg 16, Dly 24. Ra Multiple Creatures 47
Stave of Shielding Dmg 17, Dly 28. P Sk Mk Multiple Creatures 46
Symphonic Saber Dmg 11, Dly 23. +5 Int +10 Cha B Multiple Creatures 40
Vibrating Gauntlets of Infuse +23 AC +10 Str +10 Sta +20 Wis +5 vsMg +5 vsFire +5 vsCold +5 vsPos +5 vsDis +50 Mana C Overking Bathezid 55
Vibrating Hammer of Infuse Dmg 25, Dly 35. +8 AC +20 Str +10 Sta +10 Wis +5 vsMg +5 vsFire +5 vsCold +5 vsPos +5 vsDis +100 HP C Overking Bathezid 55
Withered Staff Dmg 11, Dly 24. E Multiple Creatures 38
Worn Crescent Axe Dmg 24, Dly 40. +3 Str +3 Agi +3 Dex +10 HP Ra P Sk Wr Korocust 60

------------------------------

Some nice items for mains and also some nice twink items for alts.
All fail in comparison to the mighty Herbalist Spade

god have mercy to those who were tagged by a warrior flailing that around
Old 12-18-2010, 05:27 AM
Sarnak

Chardok was also damn hard and unforgiving. Druids could teleport and have an easy run back to Sebilis, there were always other people to assist in possible corpse runs and the camps were somehow clear to everyone.

Damnit, now I feel like doing a Chardok crawl ^^
Old 12-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

It never took 100 days of leveling to get to 50. That might be the amount of time most people spent on their way there, but that's because we did all kinds of crap and didn't care so fervently about hitting 50 as quickly as possible. For a lot of people, getting to the maximum level wasn't even really a goal, because that's when your progress sort of stops. If you don't raid, there's not very much valid content at 50, it's basically LGuk and SolB, so to someone with four or five dungeons available to them and not in a hurry to get to the top, leveling isn't a pressing need. Even so, if you wanted to get to 50 asap, it took a few months at most, probably 20-30 days played. 100 was when you stopped to smell the roses and craft arrows the whole time.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

yeah, as people have said...

1. i think he simply exaggerated the number of days played. i doubt he actually did a survey or had any data available.

2. there were much much more people doing things other than leveling. i knew people during luclin that had been playing constantly since launch that had never gotten to max level. they simply did things other than leveling...one of the allures of EQ was that there were plenty of things to do other than level. this is kind of hard for newer MMO players to understand because leveling is the primary goal of so many MMOs released today, but in EQ (at least during classic EQ) there were plenty of ppl content to roam and explore and quest and socialize day in and day out.

I don't see the point of revisiting this article other than for nostalgia purposes. the mission of p99 is clearly not to "fix" classic EQ, but to recreate it. That includes all the complaints and faults of the original game. The solutions in the article, likewise, can not be implemented because that would also steer the project away from its stated mission. at least that is how I have interpreted the statements from the devs in the past...

kunark is going to be interesting on p99, and the reality is I don't think any of us know what it will really look like. nobody has really done this before, and it's new territory on the map. there are all kinds of problems that p99 will face that will interfere with generating an "authentic" kunark experience, but we will just have to see how it plays out.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I logged on my first character (rolled in May of 1999) a couple years ago... level 21 with 24 days /played.

It was different back then... leveling was just one of the things you did.
This was my experience with my first playing of EQ. I didn't start in classic, it was the very early days of Kunark, but when I played my enchanter back then... it was just to play. It wasn't to level up. I roleplayed, explored, died a lot and spend hours trying to get back to my corpse, tried to sneak into hostile cities with illusions and invis just cause, etc. Along the way I earned some experience and slowly leveled up.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Banned

Everyone will be in Seb / KC. Farming chardok and HS will be $$$.

The variety of items in kunark, especially for melees, is what really makes it so much fun.

In contrast to kunark, velious will be interesting - since there is no level increase.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was in a large group of people in EQ that started the day the first retail servers opened, the bulk of whom were starting to hit level 50 around 10 a year. Overcrowding was one reason. I spent more than a week on one level alone hunting centars in the Karans because with over 130 people in the zone it was so hard to find mobs. Kunark changed that, and overcrowding vanished nearly overnight.

I have to say the author of the article may have a point. The word "level grind" did not become real common in the EQ vocabulary until Kunark. The level rate may have crossed a line that some people just couldn't handle.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Aviak

Thott's an asswipe like Furor. No one with an IQ over 85 took anything they said seriously, except Brad. Everything they said or did was nothing but self promotion and deception to try and weasel their way into furthering their career at the industries expense.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kunark is going to be interesting on p99, and the reality is I don't think any of us know what it will really look like. nobody has really done this before, and it's new territory on the map. there are all kinds of problems that p99 will face that will interfere with generating an "authentic" kunark experience, but we will just have to see how it plays out.
Not exactly. There's not a lot fundamentally different with Kunark being released here and it being unlocked on the Live progression servers.

People already know the strats and guilds are ready to begin pushing the end of Kunark content.

It's not going to be anything special or mind-blowing. It's going to be those at the top finding new places to fight over and the rest of the players spreading out amongst new places to level.
Closed Thread