Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FYI, "wherefore" means "why". As in, "why are you named Romeo (Montague)".
Although we use "wherefore," if at all, as a synonym for "why," Juliet uses the word in a more limited sense. By "wherefore?" Juliet means "for what purpose?" If she had merely asked "Why art thou Romeo?" she wouldn't be distinguishing the two major meanings of "why"—"from what cause" (in the past) and "for what purpose" (in the future). "Wherefore" clearly emphasizes the latter sense, which is why "whys and wherefores" are different things.

cite
Old 01-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although we use "wherefore," if at all, as a synonym for "why," Juliet uses the word in a more limited sense. By "wherefore?" Juliet means "for what purpose?" If she had merely asked "Why art thou Romeo?" she wouldn't be distinguishing the two major meanings of "why"—"from what cause" (in the past) and "for what purpose" (in the future). "Wherefore" clearly emphasizes the latter sense, which is why "whys and wherefores" are different things.

cite
I think his point was it doesn't mean 'where'.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think his point was it doesn't mean 'where'.
And perhaps I meant "for what purpose" when using the word.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And perhaps I meant "for what purpose" when using the word.
In that case, it's so that Kunark content can be exposed to a greater volume of use than it would be with just developers accessing it, with the hope that this will help errors be more speedily identified.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it wherefore hath been deemed kunark beta server, i forely bellow unto thee.
HI SENNA <3
Old 01-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HI SKELATOR <3
fixt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

skelator?

I cant help that I'm pale skinned, and that the sun doesn't shine where I live
Old 01-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

cite
I'm impressed that the user with numbers for letters in his username would be the one to have the best ye olde grammare nazie reply. You don't usually see that. Bravo good sir.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:

cite
Also this book can be used...as a Hat.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by inimical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm impressed that the user with numbers for letters in his username would be the one to have the best ye olde grammare nazie reply. You don't usually see that. Bravo good sir.
[Ron White]
Profiling is wrong.
[/Ron White]
Last edited by Dr4z3r; 01-04-2011 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: html enabled means it tries to treat "<Ron White>" as a real tag. lol
Closed Thread