Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Kobold

SolA ZEM is way too high.

People can level from 27-45 there in a few days. That is very classic xp i'm sure you people that leveled there would say.

Someone posted a thread with the current ZEM of the zone compared to Lower Guk a few weeks back warning the Dev's that Sol A is giving stupid amounts of XP and the thread was deleted.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

im pretty sure aeolwind looked it up and it was intended....what forum was this thread in blink? ill try and look it up
Old 11-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Ok, for clarification:
- Newbie zones will be receiving a XP bonus of about 10%. Total increase is actually 25% in the xp modifier value, but will result in only 10% speed.
- Thanks to the exploiting douchebag fuck sticks, Highkeep will be pushed down by 90% until I can get the guards scripted to deal with the situation or a less than nominal option I've been considering. If this pisses you off, please, feel free to report said exploiting ass bags so we can get rid of them in the mean time. If you are an exploiting douchebag and this pisses you off, go play in traffic or get sterilized, something.
- Outdoor dungeons, like Mistmoore/Unrest/Blackburrow, will receive less of a bonus than say Guk or SolA/B.

Now, with that said, to address a couple of "OMG DOOOM" comments.
1) Don't know who deleted the other thread about ZEM's, prob cause it was a known bug.
2) If the XP is out of control, please post feedback, this is your server, not mine. I'll do what I can with my changes to make it as fair as I possibly can while still yet screwing the players slightly. You want true classic experience and I try to deliver.
3) It could be that the new zone modifiers will be fine but the base XP needs to be changed. Keep that in mind when posting feedback.

Condescending remarks can be directed to the nearest fencepost, or I can call you a whaambulance. Constructive remarks with #'s or $ involved will be taken into consideration highly.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SolA ZEM is way too high.

People can level from 27-45 there in a few days. That is very classic xp i'm sure you people that leveled there would say.

Someone posted a thread with the current ZEM of the zone compared to Lower Guk a few weeks back warning the Dev's that Sol A is giving stupid amounts of XP and the thread was deleted.
You can actually go from 18 to 48 in 2-3 weeks. But that was just as feasible in classic.

Look at Galahad. 1-50 without leveling in sol A in much less time (wasn't it two weeks on the dot? maybe it was 3. either way) than the people who did level in sol a.

Now if you can show me the exact ZEMs of the zone on live and prove that its different from on this server.... then fine. From what I've been told and what I've experienced, it's just like live.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't get deleted actually, it is in the bugs forum....where this topic should be. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=440
Old 11-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't get deleted actually, it is in the bugs forum....where this topic should be. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=440
Not the same post. This is someone else that noticed something wrong.

The post I am refering to compared hard numbers from SolA and Lower Guk on the p1999 server. How that person got the information I do not know and was probably why it was deleted.

If you guys are fine with the stupid XP there I am fine with it. About time I level an alt now anyhow.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Aviak

I think sol A is way too fast. Here is why:

At level 45 killing a teal gnome in sola gives about 1.25 "ticks" of blue, aka 4 kills gives 1 blue bubble of exp. This is for a teal mob that is about 15 levels lower than me and have about 1200 hit points.

For comparison the other mobs i found that gave the same amount of experience per kill were level 40+ ice giants outside of perma which have like 3500 hit points maybe more.

For further comparison duoing with a 50 mage, even with half the gnomes not giving experience was roughly twice as fast as killing kobolds in solb with the same duo.

I am not sure why everyone thinks that Sol A is just fine, honestly it doesn't matter much now since 90% of the 40+ people lived in there from 20 to 47 and leveled at breakneck speed. If it were changed now it would simply be unfair to those that did not yet take advantage of it. In classic no exp spot could you sit down in with a full group at level 35 and be 39 within a couple hours.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

harazzer's logic on this one is pretty good, actually.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Orc

Another problem with solA is the loot pattern we are seeing already. There's a massive ton of solA wts lists for very cheap, some of them being very good items (Obsidian Shard, Charred Guardian Chest/Shield) that should fetch far more than their current 100-300p range. Consequently, you see huge wtb lists for items from the other zones. So we're seeing all this solA loot as a server, when very few people are venturing to SolB/LGuk/CT/MM. Granted there are groups in said zones, but not 35+ like you traditionally see in solA. I think this ZEM change is an attempt to spread the population out from the funnel it is now.

I do understand people using SolA as they have, I have no problem with it. If I knew about it then, I would have done the same, don't get me wrong. No doubt about it, getting to 50 then farming your items would have been a much more efficient route looking back. This change is for the better, and gives the players more of a variety and get's those empty named camps working and getting more loot out in the open.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Orc

Has thing happened yet?
Closed Thread