Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will need a locket of escape or be a DE sk with ring of the dead. That will be the only way for melee to bind in room
Ohhh. I see. I figured it was just group up and get a bind from a caster.

So I see now why there will be such a rush to get that locket as soon as Kunark drops...that on top of only a few days for a melee to bind in the TD.

very interesting.

This is one of the great things about p99 as it lets folks like us who never really leveled up till PoP to see all this Kunakr and Velious stuff as it happens.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, because no part of TD counts as a city, you can only bind yourself there, regardless of class. It'll be mostly casters, with probably only a few druids or wizards binding there since they have access to most of Norrath anyway.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I couldn't see any advantage to binding my druid there at all. I rebind all the time so I can vendor right from my camp.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

I have a necro and druid both bound there on blue. It was a blessing and a curse. Being able to bind where you fight is a huge advantage. Being able to quickly travel is a huge convenience. Pick your benefit.

Also, yes to spire tops 100%.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 09-25-2020, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ohhh. I see. I figured it was just group up and get a bind from a caster.

So I see now why there will be such a rush to get that locket as soon as Kunark drops...that on top of only a few days for a melee to bind in the TD.

very interesting.

This is one of the great things about p99 as it lets folks like us who never really leveled up till PoP to see all this Kunakr and Velious stuff as it happens.
What would make it worth binding there as a melee? You can’t gate there for ease of travel. You could get TLed of course, but other than Qeynos pretty much every city has a TP spot close by so why not just get a port if you’re getting TLed? All it seems like it would do is save you the minor inconvenience of getting a bind when you switch XPing locations to somewhere further away.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

I can tell you having a shared guild ress cleric bound at firepots was pretty damned handy. As long as you had one to spare.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 09-26-2020, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

I'm damn sure binding my cleric there. Never gonna change it after that. I may attempt to get an iksar necro to level 12 and out to TD for a bind as well, but it really depends on the time we have to do it.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:46 AM
Sarnak

we farmed for weeks if not months the locket of escape on red when kunark came out. pretty sure u will be able to bind there for a long time. the only bottleneck will be the locket camp. it will be 10 times harder than the guise to get for sure !
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 09-26-2020, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would make it worth binding there as a melee? You can’t gate there for ease of travel. You could get TLed of course, but other than Qeynos pretty much every city has a TP spot close by so why not just get a port if you’re getting TLed? All it seems like it would do is save you the minor inconvenience of getting a bind when you switch XPing locations to somewhere further away.
The reasons I've heard are: gate via vial of swirling smoke (costs 1k), or bind there for CR'ing yourself. Neither is a very compelling reason, to me. I'm pretty sure the firepot bind thing is cool on gate classes that can't port and a huge meh for other classes.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reasons I've heard are: gate via vial of swirling smoke (costs 1k), or bind there for CR'ing yourself. Neither is a very compelling reason, to me. I'm pretty sure the firepot bind thing is cool on gate classes that can't port and a huge meh for other classes.
I was thinking about the utility of this room. I have five developed characters; an sk, rogue, druid, cleric and an enchanter. I can't see any reason for them to bind there.

For the three chars that have bind, I use it tactically. I use it to get around, to get back to camps, to check stuff. I would have to give up that utility.

For my melee chars I need safety and even though it will be camped, its still technically less safe than any other self-selected bind. Also, because I'm on CR, if a rez isn't coming then I'm running to the nearest druid ring, and all the firepot room does is put an extra loading screen between that.

None of the destinations are really useful. The only Kunark connection dumps you in Cabilis West.

I'm trying to think of a reason to bind there. I depend on ports for all my getting around.
Closed Thread